Exotic keyboard enthusiasts

Every once in a while I run into something so quirky and interesting that I know it will be of interest to others who like these types of things. Gamers are always looking to make the most of their keyboard capabilities in every facet of gaming and I am no different. So when something quirky and interesting comes along I like to share.

Get a load of this:

Its a bit pricey for my budget but it is definitely interesting.

1 Like

Foot Petal keyboard:
I also ran across this foot keyboard as well. I tried one similar to this about 5 or so years ago without any success. I could never get that one to actually work properly so I ended up donating it to my local trash center. This center actually takes in unwanted electronics for those enthusiasts out there who want to play around with odd donations. It apparently is very popular with folks who like to ā€˜buildā€™ their own things but canā€™t find the right part.

Anyway, here is another item that might be of interest to anyone who games.

1 Like

$189 for a foot pedal?! Ouch!

1 Like

That looks super unergonomic to me because of the thumb pads. Long reach, weird angle. Maybe if youā€™re a guy with big hands.

Iā€™ll stick to my Kinesis Edge, which is also split, tentable, fully programmable, lit, and has Cherry switches, but itā€™s laid out like a normal keyboard. And itā€™s $165 cheaper. :slight_smile:

Kinesis makes banginā€™ keyboards. Iā€™ve been using them for over 15 years.

1 Like

Yea Moss I hear you there. I personally have a Logitech G910 which Iā€™ve had for years and absolutely love it. It has 9 extra keys placed on the keyboard in such a manner as to make it easier for me to use.

1 Like

My husband is a disabled veteran and has needed an ergonomic keyboard that can split pretty wide. He has BROAD shoulders so I hadnā€™t found anything that would work. Since this uses a standard cable instead of proprietary this might be the first keyboard that would actually grant him pain relief. Thanks for the post! :slight_smile:

You are quite welcomeā€¦ hope you can find something that works. Not sure if you checked into the Kinesis but its similar just cheaper, as Moss said.

1 Like

i use half of an ergo dox keyboard for gaming on my left hand due to some nerve damage. it has a similar thumb cluster (maybe a bit higher)

not mine, but similar. I have a tenting kit on mine and blank keycaps since i custom map everything on multiple layers

the cluster there just kinda falls under my thumb, but ā€œegroā€ is very much a personal thing and what works for me may not work for you. I am not sure i could actually type on a split very well, but i also donā€™t get pain from typing on a normal keyboard. I just have pain issues when gaming since my hand doesnā€™t move as much and kinda gets tense from the repetitive key presses.

1 Like

If the one in the original post doesnā€™t work out, do check out the split Freestyle keyboards from Kinesis. The tether between the two halves on mine is about 14". I have a similar issues, for a different reason. (Iā€™m fat!)

1 Like