[EVENT] After Dark Event Series

All times provided in this thread should be kept to Omeyocan server time (EST).

This thread will be used as the master thread to announce upcoming After Dark events that I host.

Please note that After Dark events are organized based on the feedback collected in this here. I greatly appreciate and welcome any and all feedback you have about these events. I value my time, so I want to make sure that the energy and effort I put into organizing this for everyone is put into aspects that will return the most enjoyment and achievment for everyone participating.

1 Like

Announcement: Upcoming After Dark Event

Event Date:
Saturday, January 8th, 2022.

Start Time:
Groups will begin forming at 9:20PM EST with the intention of starting promptly at 9:30 PM EST.

Planned Activities:
Full clear and plundering of Imperial Palace followed by a full clear and plundering of Eternal Pools.

After Party:
For those interested and potentially for those who can’t make the initial event I will be attempting to put together a Portals group after a short break following the completion of Eternal Pools.

Starting Location:
Nearest spirit shrine to Imperial Palace.

Imperial Palace Information

Primary Enemy Type:
Corrupted - Weak against Thrust, Nature, and Arcane attacks. Strong against Strike and Ice attacks.

Recommended Consumables:
Basic T5 Health Regen Food, T4 or T5 Stat Food, Any honing stones, Corrupted weapon coatings and tinctures you can afford.

Maps:

Notes and Videos:
PTR Preview

Bosses:

Menagerie Master Morgolf - Loot Table

Erlander - Loot Table

Brovan & Shrine Master Yang - Loot Table

Daisy the Dancing Bear- Loot Table

Palace Maiden Xiao - Loot Table

Prince Goroto - Loot Table

Eternal Pools Information

Primary Enemy Type:
Angry Earth - Weak against Slash and Fire damage. Strong against Thrust and Lightning damage.

Recommended Consumables:
Basic T5 Health Regen Food, T4 or T5 Stat Food, Any honing stones, Angry Earth weapon coatings and tinctures you can afford.

Maps:

Notes and Videos:
Elite Run Video

Bosses and Rare Notable Loot:

Note: indicated rarity is indiciative of highest possible rolled item where applicable.

Pride of the Trees - Loot Table

Viridulon the Rootbound - Loot Table

Trash Drops - Silver Leaf (Foc Sacred, Brilliant, Siphoning Ring)

Level 66 Corrupted Portals

66 Corrupted Portals can spawn in multiple high level zones, Shattered Mountains, Ebonscale, and Reekwater to name a few.

Please be aware that in smaller groups the 66 corrupted portals can be extremely challenging to heal. They aren’t overly complicated strategically they just have a massive amount of corruption damage per tick that adds to the difficulty of the usual portal chaos. In smaller groups (2 full groups or less) it is highly advised that all party members have available the corruption potions that protect against the corruption for 5 minutes. Weapon coatings are also advised to speed up the kill portals.

When farming portals for the amethyst gypsum the drop rate is roughly 50% from minor portals and 100% from majors. It typically takes 12 to 15 total portals to attain the total 7 gypsum needed for the daily orb craft.

2 Likes

Thanks for organizing this Sonic, looking forward to hopefully joining you.

Appreciate you organizing this. I had a blast!

-Peñafiel

Thank you everyone who came and helped make this first night of After Dark a great success! I was humbled that we managed to fill five full groups! It was a blast. Please check back when this thread is updated for future dates and times for After Dark!

Special Thanks to everyone who stepped in at times and helped with various aspects of the run last night it was greatly appreciated!

Great time. Thanks for the organization of this.

Keep up the great work!

Weekly Schedule for January 13th and 15th.

Both POIs including breaks will run roughly 1.5 hours.

Itenerary for this Week: After Dark (Both Days)

1. Meet at the Imperial Palace Spirit Shrine in Ebonscale at 9:20pm EST. This is a new shrine as of 1.2 you may need to run from Ebonscale if you haven’t been to Imperial Palace recently.
  2. Full clear and pillaging of most of Imperial Palace starting at 9:30pm.
  3. 10 minute break - meeting at the Eternal Pools Entrance.
  4. Trivia and Prizes
  5. Full clear and pillaging of most of Eternal Pools

Maps and details for these two pois can be found earlier in this thread.

After Party

The after party is a more laid back less stressful wind down activity that I host following the official after dark events.

• Thursday January 13th - Shattered Mountain upto 550 Expertise Chest and Trophy Run. Excludes Scourhed Mines and Myrk POIs. Includes 8 Elite Chests and 14 Supply Stockpiles and 8 Ancient Chests throughout Shattered Mountains and northern Great Cleave. (Aproximatley. 1 hour)
  • Saturday January15th - we will be doing 66+ portals.

Do you mean Saturday January 15th for after party?

1 Like

General House Keeping from Saturday, January 8th’s Event

Punctuality. Except for a few exceptions that were a mixup in communication everyone was ontime and early ready to go for the event. Awesome job! Thank you for your enthusiasm and efforts to be on time.

Group Setup. This was the first time I’ve seen the idea of grouped people stand here at x if your not in a group go stand at y. I think that worked exceptionally well for easily getting people invited into groups. We didn’t have all the confusion of having people repeatedly repeat in-game names over and over in discord. I’d like to use that format moving forward. My thanks to whomever came up with that!

Group Composition I’d like to try and see a couple of things. First try not to grab people your familiar and comfortable with for your groups. I’d like to try to get everyone exposed to everyone else it’s a good process for building the larger team for the guild for other events and content. Secondly, please try to stick to the standard group comp of 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 dps until all groups are full. Having a single healer who can have 1 tank of responsibility for their single target heals makes keeping tanks alive easier. Not really too big of an issue on these events but a good mindset to get into for other content.

Break Travel. I’d like to see everyone get in the habit of traveling first between POIs and then taking their AFK. That way we can easily do a headcount on location by having people who aren’t afk move away from the group to see who is and isn’t back yet. We don’t want to leave people behind!

Radio Usage. Generally speaking I felt like we had a good balance of usage we had fun and joked around but it wasn’t excessive to the point of being disruptive which was great! We are still having people refer to themselves as “I” rather than saying their ingame name for key strategic call outs. We don’t recognize everyone’s voice, we also don’t all use overlay, please try to say things like “Sonickat is down” instead of “I’m down” and try to provide a little more context such as “Sonickat is down, Northeast of the Tentacle.”

Bane Perk on Weapons. It’s a good opportunity to think about weapons, their damage type, and our opponents susceptibility. This is not a requirement for these runs, simply something to start thinking about at level 60.

In many cases an item many gear score points lower will do superior damage if it is a damage type that a creature is weak too, especially if there is a “bane” perk on it.

So for example if you had Corrupted Bane on a spear with an Amber Gem in that spear. Your basic attacks would be doing 20% more damage because their thrust and then the part the amber converted to Arcane would be doing 30% more damage. On top of that you’d be getting 14% more damage from the Corrupted Bane itself.

We’ve seen that farming high end bosses like Malevolence with smaller groups of (5-7) people how incredibly helpful having the right weapons and perks can be to quickly dispatching enemies. 5 players with ideal weapons is equivalent to one full other person worth of DPS. When you have five groups competing for kill credit imagine how impactful that min/maxing of weapon type and damage is for you and your group.

Yes, thank you for pointing that out! I fixed the original post.

Weekly Schedule for January 20th and 22nd.

Both POIs including breaks will run roughly 1.5 hours.

1. Meet at the Imperial Palace Spirit Shrine in Ebonscale at 9:20pm EST.
  2. First trivia question begins @ 9:25pm EST.
  3. Full clear and pillaging of most of Imperial Palace starting at 9:30pm.
  4. 10 minute break - meeting at the Eternal Pools Entrance.

Maps and details for these two point of interests can be found earlier in this thread.

After Party

Immediately following After Dark:

• Thursday, January 20th - continuing our solo-able chest run theme from last week we’ll be heading to Morningdale. Here we’ll follow a repeatable route that takes us through 14 Tier 3 Supply Stockpiles and 14 Ancient Chests. There is no expertise bumps possible on this route however, this is a route that is ran to farm the purple basic trophy materials. Some of these sell for 15-20k gold each. (Approximately 1 hour)

• Saturday, January 22nd - Mangled Heights bosses and chests.

Weekly Schedule for January 27th and 291th.

Both POIs including breaks will run roughly 1 hours.

1. Meet at the Imperial Palace Spirit Shrine in Ebonscale at 9:20pm EST.
  2. First trivia question begins @ 9:25pm EST.
  3. Full clear and pillaging of most of Imperial Palace starting at 9:30pm.
  4. 10 minute break - meeting at the Eternal Pools Entrance.

Maps and details for these two point of interests can be found earlier in this thread.

After Party

Immediately following After Dark:

• Thursday, January 20th - Chests and Bosses in Mangled Heights. (Approximately 45 minutes)

• Saturday, January 22nd - we’ll be heading to Four Castle Drift and also Malevolence. (Approximately 1.5 hours)

See #pve-events in discord for updated Saturday January 29th itenerary.

We will be having Thursday and Saturday events this week I just haven’t got an idea of what the new Mon, Wed, Fri schedule and itenerary looks like yet to plan around it. I’ll post Thursday’s Itenerary once I find out more about Wed’s elite chest run.