Eve headed to where MMOs go to die

You’re arguing semantics from your game that was dumped to the Koreans? It doesn’t matter how long it takes, it will be done when it’s done, it’s made 10x the money Eve ever has, with 100x the people, and it hasn’t been sold to a Korean MMO corpse-farm, so there’s really nothing you can say that will make me unhappy :slight_smile: Your own dev hates the game they made, so much they dumped it. My dev loves the game so much they’re busting their ass, inventing new technology, and improving the engine visibly, to the point where I could wait another 3-4 years and will be gleefully happy about it.

What’s your dev done again? Oh, right, bailed on your miserable asses :slight_smile: Don’t mind me, I’m going to go walk around on the INSIDE of my ships, you go pick out which 12 year old school girl petticoat you want to wear :slight_smile:

That’s the hilarious part about this entire conversation, you literally don’t have a leg to stand on. My game can take another 5 years to come out and it STILL has 10x the money and 100x the supporters that Eve has ever had. It reminds me of the Louis CK bit where he talks about how awesome it is to be a white male…you can’t even offend me, that’s how awesome things are for SC backers. We SEE the improvements. We’ve watched the development. We know precisely what CIG is doing, all of the time.

What’s CCP doing? Oh, right, SOLD YOUR ASS. :slight_smile:

Kinda funny where you link to the very same chart I linked to where I refuted your clear claim of, “How long as Eve’s population been in free fall? Oh, right, since launch.” Launch was in 2003, the population peaked in 2010 or so and didn’t start its decline until 2014.

2014 is not 2003. That’s just the data.

It most certainly did given that its population numbers were comparable to the first generation of MMOs (see the list I gave previously). WoW was, and largely still is, an outlier when it comes to MMO population numbers.

Never said it was.

Your bias against Asian MMOs and aesthetic, however, is obvious to all.

Oh, not biased against Asian games at all, play quite a few. Even Korean games. No, my laughter isn’t that it was sold to an Asian company, it was sold to a Korean MMO Corpse-Farm, a company that keeps MMO’s alive to milk them. It’s 1 step up from Arc…which is another Korean MMO Corpse-Farm. THAT is what’s so funny.

You keep fishing there, son, trying to find a way to offend or upset me, nitpicking data all day long, because in the end, there are 2 irrefutable factions:

1. My game is still being developed, no matter how long it takes, and has made more money and has more backers. A delayed game may eventually be good, a rushed one will always be bad, and a SOLD one will always SUCK :slight_smile:
  2. Your game was dumped your the devs, bailed, sold away, like old office furniture.

Pst, Mac. “My” Dev actually just released a major new XPac. “My” Dev just postponed a patch because their build wasn’t up to snuff even though they were working late and had the entire community sitting on a twitch stream waiting for its release.

“My” Dev isn’t CCP. In this case, at this moment, it is Blizzard and Digital Extremes. My experience with CCP was, at most, maybe 2 weeks of solid play back prior to 2010 and I have not been invested in it at all. This isn’t Tribal on my side, Mac. I am merely a stickler for accuracy. You made a demonstrably false claim; that EVE’s population numbers were falling “since launch”. Over half a decade past launch isn’t “since launch”.

You’re right, there are.

1. The person who made a false claim about a game and.

2. The person who corrected him.

You both know the drill: Argue the point, not the person.

Consider the discussion closed, please.

1 Like