Diablo IV Officially Announced!

Another, pretty, isometric ARPG focused on Sanctuary.

No date yet. Showed gameplay of Barbarian, Sorceress and Druid.

Group play and PvP announced.

2 Likes

3 of the 5 classes revealed, so far. PC, PS4, Xbox One, I’m guessing that the great graphics being touted were a bit much for the Switch?

One of my disappointments with the Diablo III ports to consoles was that the accounts were separate, cosmetics and pets were not shared, let alone gear and character progression. Fortnite broke that old mold apart, “older” games like Destiny 2 (2017) are patching in “cross-save” (2019) to enable single account progression across multiple hardware platforms (PC, PS4, Xbox One). Newer games like Dauntless (2019) release with cross-play grouping across all three platforms, as well as a single account progression across all three.

Hopefully Diablo IV will have cross-play and a single account sharing progressing across all hardware platforms, but have not yet heard if it was discussed at yesterday’s panel, or if today’s “Diablo IV: Systems & Features” will discuss that and/or monetization. I’m not into first person shooters, so I have not followed the new Overwatch 2 announcements as to how they will handle multiple hardware platforms, either.

Well, the Diablo IV devs are saying the right things about cross-play across hardware platforms, so hopefully we’ll have one account across platforms, as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

“We’re very excited about cross-play,” says Adham. “There are technical details and details to work through with the first parties, but it’s our goal to get to cross-play.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/features/diablo-4-release-date-hands-on-gameplay-preview/