Cyberpunk 2077 Preview & Trailer

This game is looking interesting.

4 Likes

Very nice. Iā€™ve been holding off on my opinion for this but Iā€™m getting more interested.

Iā€™m going to link this fan made Cyberpunk 2077 video here, because, well, itā€™s awesome. If you have played Witcher 3, watch this. :slight_smile:

Very nice. Iā€™m a big fan of Witcher 3 and have my eye on this one, Iā€™ll probably pick it up when it comes out.

Iā€™ve been dismissing this because itā€™s a fps and I like rpgā€™s, but Iā€™m thinking that I have been missing something. I do like Mass Effect and Fallout, both of which I initially dismissed thinking they were too shooty, so maybe I would like this as well? It sure looks cool! I just canā€™t play games like Halo and Call of Duty because my reflexes arenā€™t fast enough. I think I remember reading that Cyberpunk has a romance option and you can play the gender of your choice, which are big pluses for me. Well, itā€™s on my radar now!

Itā€™s an RPG. They are trying to outdo themselves over the Witcher in terms of RPGness. I read an interview where they basically said ā€œIf it makes sense to be able to do - we want you to be able to do it for your quests. So any time an alternate method or action occurs to us, we are putting it in as something to do.ā€

Thatā€™s me paraphrasing not quoting.

I was ignoring it until I saw that you can play the gender of your choice. I loved the witcherā€¦ but I have never been able to get through any of them due to playing a male character.

1 Like

Reminds me a bit of Deus Ex and, if correct, is a very good thing.

I canā€™t find this interview and itā€™s bugging me. But what they basically said was that the Witcher was the story of Geralt. Cyberpunk 2077 is the tabletop RPG Cyberpunk. So they want to provide as much in the way of options and player choice as they can, since Cyberpunk is an RPG.

1 Like

Im a big fan of companies that like to ā€œthink outside of the boxā€ - and that makes me a big fan of ā€œCD PROJEKT REDā€.

I am not a fan of companies who release games unfinished, and load them with loot-box mechanicsā€¦ And that makes me a big fan of ā€œCD PROJEKT REDā€.

I will definitely be playing this one. Probably stream ā€œElder Scrolls Onlineā€ in the mornings, and ā€œCyber Punk 2077ā€ in the evenings.

In a gaming community that has felt stale now for a few years - and out of good, original ideas, I am so ready to get my groove on with this game! See you in game Keanu Reeves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YApuEWtG30w

Iā€™m quite looking forward to this. I took a chance and put my money where my hopes were for it a few months ago, just before they announced their delay (!) but keeping everything crossed. I ā€˜boughtā€™ it on GoG.

sigh Pushed out to November now. Still, better to get a well polished game a few months late than have it rushed out and crash every five minutes. It is, actually, good to see a company willing to push back release rather than use its customers as paying beta testers! Only problem is, what to play for that extra two monthsā€¦