[CLOSED] Strength of Thousands, Thursday nights 7:30-10:30 PM eastern time zone

well shit. I was sure today was Thursday…

My timing is all off this week.

New CPU was supposed to arrive tomorrow but now it’s tracking for today. :person_shrugging:

Anyhoo, in the (unlikely?) event I’m not on tonight it’s probably 'cause I did something dumb.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the thermal paste… :grinning:

Thermal paste is over rated. I say just lick it and stick it on.

2 Likes

Qapla’!

But um… my sound card insists that it’s 5.1 but all sounds come out of the center channel…

Think someone forgot it’s Thursday

It’s game night!!!

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about the “kill 'em and let the cleric sort them out” method to avoiding killing NPCs

RAR states:

Knocked Out and Dying
Creatures cannot be reduced to fewer than 0 Hit Points. When most creatures reach 0 Hit Points, they die and are removed from play unless the attack was nonlethal, in which case they are instead knocked out for a significant amount of time (usually 1 minute or more). When undead and construct creatures reach 0 Hit Points, they are destroyed.
Player characters, their companions, and other significant characters and creatures don’t automatically die when they reach 0 Hit Points. Instead, they are knocked out and are at risk of death. At the GM’s discretion, villains, powerful monsters, special NPCs, and enemies with special abilities that are likely to bring them back to the fight (like ferocity, regeneration, or healing magic) can use these rules as well.

So from here on out I think if an NPC drops to 0 hp, they are dead unless you use nonleathal or they are an extra special NPC

Deamoro one shot killed an enemy

1 Like

Game Day!!!

hope everyone has had a good week, cya all tonight.

1 Like

I haven’t forgotten. Just running 15-30 min late I’ll be on.

2 Likes

My power went off briefly. Waiting for everything to reset. Modem is slow to restart.

1 Like

A couple of things:

I think I finally found a talisman thingie that is worth having!

Fortifying Pebble: you affix it to your armor shield or weapon and any time that object would take damage you can activate this to take 10 less damage… so if @grapper tries to be all tricksy again and destroy my beautiful magic staff I can counter it! At least 10 HP worth :slight_smile: Might be worth 13gp.

Secondly: I keep thinking about how I’m doing my spellstrikes mechanically. I really want to be able to add the spell damage to the actual weapon strike instead of rolling it separately. It seems that this would help with a lot of the resistance application issues where Grapper has to adjust damage manually. Is there an easy way to add spell damage to your weapon attack with FG syntax? Or am I basically going to have to add another line to every spell I use to create a buff for my attack? What is the syntax for adding a damage buff to an attack anyway?

Thirdly I’m thinking my next 2 purchases are going to be an armor rune (not that +1 AC is going to help that much) and a Conducting Rune since I’m doing elemental damage with my weapon most of the time I think it would be a good investment. +1d8 of the energy type on every spellstrike isn’t too shabby. Otherwise I was thinking of a Frost Rune for additional damage all the time plus slowed 1 on crits. Also I would be doing more damage types in an effort to hit more weaknesses… but that part is kinda niche. Ring of Wizardy is on the short list as well.

Just some morning coffee ramblings.

1 Like

So it looks like I need to just go into each spell and add an effect of:

DMG: 1d12 electricity

or whatever the spell damage is and make it on next roll only?

I should probably do that at some point maybe NOT during gametime if that’s the right syntax.

This should make it double with crits and everything right?

1 Like

I thought the Pathfinder saying was “every + is sacred”. Or maybe that’s just Rando’s saying :smirk:

1 Like

While this is true, it seems to not matter what my AC is. I always get hit.

I’m the tank in our Saturday night Arkenstone game, I totally empathize hehe.

You must just accept… The Champion dice are out to get you. And everyone else in your party too. Your rolls will suck, and the GM rolls will be crits !!!

Mith

1 Like

kinda like Ranger precision damage