[CLOSED] Strength of Thousands, Thursday nights 7:30-10:30 PM eastern time zone

I picked up the Lost Omens: The Mwangi Expanse book for FG, so all that material will be available to you guys.

maybe I should try a Rogue and be our skill monkey…

@grapper just sent you Secrets of Magic. It seemed thematic for us to have access to that :slight_smile:

I resisted the urge to bundle it with the new Book of the Dead so I could make a skeleton character.

I have a few ideas so far(ok maybe more than a few):
1-Ancient Elf, Magus, Witch, Wizard (loads of cantrips) DEX based striker
2-Happy-Go-Lucky and always upbeat Gnome necromancer that always dresses his pets in tuxedos so the general public finds them more “approachable”
3-Bard, Loremaster: He knows ALL the things plus Face character
4-Druid wildshape form
5-Goblin sorcerer of FIRE… oddly enough could also be a Face
6-Android Gunslinger. He says “pew” every time he fires.
7-Ratfolk or Kobold…something cool. I’ve always wanted to play one of these races as a PC but have never been able to… I should come up with something.

1 Like

Daemoro, probably don’t go HAM with the character creation just yet. Remember that this is the Mwangi Jungle, and certain races are likely to be very rare and/or next to non-existent. Sure, maybe you could play an outlier, but in general, even things like dwarves are fairly rare. There are a couple tribes of dwarves around, as well as a goodly number of reclusive elf tribes, and there may be even more exotic things that we don’t normally play with (I’m betting there are sure as shit snake-people around), but the chances of encountering a sentient robot are highly unlikely. Then again, I guess this is the “premier magical academy” of Golarian, so who knows?

Anyway, I’m keeping an “Amazon jungle” theme in mind for my character creation ideas. There’s not likely to be many highly-tech advanced societies in the region.

So in your opinion “Stoney Tark” my Dwarf Inventor that specializes in armor creation isn’t a good fit?

1 Like

My 2cp.

It might be best to not think of Strength of Thousands as the “Hogwart’s in the jungle” adventure. The party starts as “undergrads” and then goes to grad school, becomes lecturers and research assistants, and eventually becomes professors at the school. There’s a lot of downtime and the campaign (in-game) takes years to complete.

You don’t necessarily have to be locals, but it’ll be handy.

The Pathfinder Lost Omens: The Mwangi Expanse is expensive (even in PDF) but worth the read. Super detailed and packed with campaign/character ideas and the art is outstanding. Speaking of Ugly’s “more exotic things” you’ll find in that book as playable ancestries:

Anadi

Conrasu

Goloma

etc!

I don’t know YET what a Goloma is, but… SOLD!

Goloma = Alien + Predator?

There’s also:
Shisk
Gnoll
Grippli

Grippli was always on my list of want-to-play too.

To reflect the different cultural makeup of the Mwangi Expanse, GMs might consider adjusting the rarity of various applicable ancestries.
• Kobolds, lizardfolk, and orcs are considered common ancestries.
• Gnomes and goblins are considered uncommon.
• Certain uncommon ancestries with strong ties to Garund, such as catfolk, gnolls (page 110), and gripplis (page 118), can be considered common if the group and GM so choose.

1 Like

there are also local variants of Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and Orcs

I love how the orcs of the Mwangi are respected demon hunters.

@Makuzi - could you change the title of the thread to reflect the time change (7:30 - 10:30 Eastern) since we don’t do 8 to 11 anymore

@grapper

All set…

So what Free tools are we using to build a character for this adventure?

I will check to see what my brother uses, I think it’s called pathbuilder. I personally use Herolab. I make so many characters I don’t mind paying for it. I have most of the rulesets etc for it too. I try not to think about how much I spend on it really. One awesome thing is that once I bought the rules specifically for this adventure path it puts in the the extra rules for building the characters that are added in.

2 Likes

Apparently I’m in the party now! /wave

I too use HeroLab*; it’s expensive and probably not worth it. Like Daemoro said there’s Pathbuilder (never used it) as well as character.pf2.tools. Paizo’s official digital tool - Pathfinder Nexus - doesn’t have it’s character creator online yet.

I plan on keeping Archives of Nethys open on monitor two while I have my spreadsheet of choice as well as Fantasy Grounds open on monitor one. I’ll just make the character in FGU and then export/import into the game. Though as the GM of my own PF2 campaigns I’ve already spent the bajillion bucks to have almost everything purchased for FGU already (I don’t have Guns & Gears, Book of the Dead, or Knights of Lastwall.)

• I guess that’s a reminder to go and cancel HeroLab Online…
2 Likes

https://pathbuilder2e.com/app.html

has all the books