[Closed] PF2 - Outlaws of Alkenstar (Sundays 7:30-10:30 EDT)

Ok, So I’m starting to head down the Automaton Rogue Bounty Hunter Type… Alternatively, if we want another caster I was toying with the an Automaton Witch Debuff type. Thoughts?

Do automatons dream of clockwork sheep?

Only if the sheep is dressed like Daryl Hanna or Rutger Hauer

Thinking ranged fighter with off melee ability. Or possibly the reverse. She’s a half-elf so much easier to heal but a tad less durable than my previous concept.

Update:

She’s no longer a half-elf but a human Nidalese expatriate.

Update 2:

Actually she’s a half-elf Nidalese expatriate. I need the Nimble Elf feat.

I think what we have so far is:

Bin - Archer Bard
Zhel - Medic Investigator
Ocelot - switch hitter fighter
Spoon - need to narrow it down further between these:

• Air/Earth (tanky or sneaky/high mobility),
  • Fire/Metal (skirmisher),
  • Fire/Earth(tanky),
  • Fire/Air(dps) Kineticist

No idea what Stompey has idea wise.

My choice will kinda come down to what the front line looks like and if we want to be sneaky or not (metal is not sneaky at all).

By default Foundry scales small characters’ tokens to 80%. I’ve got them set to 100% in the picture. Which do we want?

Mine looks a bit oversized, mostly because of the hat.

If smaller size doesn’t help, I can look for a different image.

I like the rest!

These look good to me!

Quick question: how do you plan to adjudicate the following text in the Mobile Shot Stance feat?

If you have Reactive Strike, you can use it with a loaded ranged weapon you’re wielding.

Does a bow with reload of 0 count as “loaded”? (Assuming you have arrows of course.)

That is an excellent question.

Parting Shot has these requirements:

You are wielding a loaded ranged weapon or a ranged weapon with reload 0.

which leads me to believe that Mobile Shot Stance means only weapons with a reload greater than 0 since it doesn’t mention those explicitly.

Yeah his head/face is such a large part of the image and the hat and everything else gets cut off, it’s hard to work with.

I like mine!

I like mine too!!

What did you decide about proficiency without level and automatic bonus progression?

Using neither.

1 Like

A couple of things I learned about bows and firearms:

1. Although the fighter has a feat called Mobile Shot Stance that allows a ranged weapon reactive strike (within 5 ft), it only applies to ranged weapons of reload 1 or greater that are loaded. So you could do it with a loaded firearm or crossbow but not a bow since they have reload of 0 and the reload is done at the moment of the strike.

2. Although a fighter can’t reactive strike with a bow, I believe it should still be possible to do so with a (non-lethal) unarmed strike because bows are considered 1 handed when not being used to make a strike.

3. The reload action requires a free hand. So folks who want to use a knife with their gun fight be ready to put it away if you want to fire a second round in combat. The exception to this is the Gunslinger. They have reload feats that allow you to not need a free hand. There might be other exceptions too, I don’t know. The other alternative would be to have a bayonet on a rifle or something weird like a rapier pistol.

Yeah! ~devil horns rock hand~

Weird? Did someone say explosive dogslicer??? =O

I have a question about how we will handle Recall Knowledge. It’s seen a few changes with the remaster, and while everyone can use it, I’ll especially be using it frequently in and out of combat.
Should we determine what kinds of questions can be asked and how to determine which skill we wish to roll with? There’s also the question of using a Skill vs a Lore and the difficulty of the DC?

Before the remaster a lot of groups/tables were already houseruling Recall Knowledge, ourselves included. It sorta worked the way it does in the remaster, after a successful roll vs the DC you would learn:

• what the thing/creature is
  • in the case of the creature you could ask one of: it’s highest/weakest defense, it’s strongest attack (damage-wise), highest weakness, highest vulnerability, immunity, etc - the stuff it mentions in the sidebar about Recall Knowledge in the new Player Core

I don’t know what’s happening with the updated creatures coming in Monster Core in March, but currently all pre-remaster published creatures have a type which determines which skill is used to Recall Knowledge against them, i.e. Undead via Religion, Dragons use Arcana, Aberrations via Occultism, etc. Then (obviously) things in the environment/exploration-mode all have applicable skills “associated” with them, an altar or shrine would use Religion, a ghostly haunting would use Occultism, etc. If a skill is used that isn’t applicable to the situation (as determined by the GM) the GM increases the DC, i.e. trying to Recall Knowledge about a mural in a temple of a humanoid-figure with horns and four-arms would “normally” use Religion or maybe Society, but if attempted with Occultism the DC would be higher than normal.

So, no, we don’t have to premake questions because they’re all contextual anyways.

Gotcha! That sounds pretty good. You mentioned creatures have specific skills (arcana, occultism), what about lores (explosives, firearms)? As investigator, level 3 gets me keen recollection which gives all untrained recall knowledge attempts my level as their proficiency. Wondering if there would be a situation that using a related lore would provide a better roll than the related skill.

I also wanted to make sure asking the “strongest\weakest save\resistance” questions were valid, since I’ll likely be rolling recall knowledge every combat round lol.