Call of Duty/Battlefield Discord Changes

Great to know. We had 8 guild mates playing CoD/DMZ last night, but some headed to Red Dead. I suppose as long as someone is in the CoD channel, they can direct people to other areas.

Sorry for the delay in responding to this as my whole family somewhat recently moved across country and in the midst of all of it I went from being a Federal employee to a Federal Contractor, plus more recently I’m dealing with a hip issue that’s not looking so good… Anyhow, I’m just providing my 2 cents worth here and I’m not trying to stir up the pot much like the early days of New World…to be honest I think with my family’s move I may have tossed my stirring spoon away. At any rate, in regards to the FPS community and more dialed down upon both the BattleField and Call of Duty franchises it is very safe to say that OTG has a “healthy” populous with both. There’s quite a few members that venture into both games whereas a few like myself have tried both, but tend to stick with one or the other. Do they have a “strong” everyday, evident by means of Discord existence…probably not. However, please take in consideration that both in the last year or two have been going through some very impacting changes that not all members have found fulfilling and are waiting to see how they play out. For example, the BattleField franchise has always been an objective, class-based, tactic, strategy game and their most recent title the devs lost their minds and decided to go hero-shooter with certain traits and bonuses…blah blah blah. On the flipside Call of Duty, well it’s branched out a bit from it’s core and the last time I tried it about a year and a half ago it had 3 versions of it going at once…“make up your mind devs”. I can’t really highlight on Call of Duty because it’s not to my liking. Tbh the only reason why I tried it or played it is because of the OTG community and members who are with it…***hint ***hint

I’m trying to paint a picture to leaders and admins of Discord here that both are going through “different” times, but if you put the two together and what “current” OTG members have been included in one or the other, or both…there is, again, a “healthy” population. You may not see it in Discord right now because of the current impacts with both groups of devs for their respective titles losing their minds…

In regards to Discord and communication, I would hope and I know I don’t speak for just myself, that we could see at least one voice channel for BattleField and at least one for Call of Duty. The way the layout is for Discord currently and the way it was previously before the recent changes where that (I forget what the titles were before) all the extra voice channels under the FPS section were immediately after Red Dead Redemption 2, and those folks playing Red Dead Redemption 2 were mainly utilizing those channels.

In hopes that the devs for both BattleField and Call of Duty come to their right minds, can we be a little proactive and positively judgmental and ensure there’s one voice channel for both BattleField and for Call of Duty, then re-label the general voice channels for FPS games…which in Discord is under the GG-Shooters section, something more neutral and that signifies these are for any FPS or Shooters games…maybe something along the lines of “General Shooters”, “Shooters Voice Overflow”, “Any FPS Voice”, etc.

As it stands right now, there’s no specific voice channel for BattleField and they literally just released their Season 6 which actually made me come back to the game as it’s been their best season yet…changes they made should have been how the game was launched.

As far as BattleField goes and OTG members and I know there’s some here who can back me up on this, but when BattleField 5 or BFV released we literally would fill 4 to 5 squads on a map of just OTG members and we would all be in Discord wrecking havoc in WW2. A squad in BFV I believe was 5 players at the time, so that’s 25 OTG members…

A little long…but I appreciate you taking the time in reading and I thought I had owed it to both the FPS community and to the leaders.

Thank you kindly!

1 Like

Just a note, as far as the general grouping channels, we tend to, in ALL Discord areas, go with lobby, then channels, then stuff for groups. That doesn’t mean red dead owns the group channels, it means they’re just as free to use them as everyone else. Red just happens to be the last in the alphabet at this time. The majority of these are also often empty. That may not have been the case previously, but we’ve been trying to do more to observe voice channel usage, while we’re working on a more permanent statistics solution.

We don’t seem to have this confusion elsewhere, even in more general all encompassing type areas, so I’m very interested in this conversation. Is the solution to just name them all gg-shooter-1, 2, etc? The labeling of things seems to be causing the most strife. Always interested in how you guys think. :brain:

Yes, Hashberry…l know it’s a Discord arrangement, layout, outline, etc. thing. I know, us OTG veterans who have been around for a bit and have played and have been active in both the BF and COD communities have always thought those last few voice channels under RDR2 in the FPS or Shooters section in Discord have always been for…the RDR2 folks. I forget what their old titles were, but we (us BF and COD folks) have always avoided using them because we had thought they were for the RDR2 folks. It was misleading at the least. I mean that setup was the norm for awhile, a few years. Can we please get 1 BF voice, 1 COD voice, and label the other voice channels at the end of the GG-Shooters for us FPS folks something else that doesn’t imply those channels are for our loving, friendly, and ever-so generous RDR2 OTG members… “I’m saying that being very, very positively sarcastic as I know alot of the names in those RDR2 channels I’d give the shirt off my back for” I don’t mean any harm by it. I tried RDR2, to be honest I loved it…just too many buttons for my old, Military-strucken and beleaguered hands.

Im going to assume by now this is a no but I’m asking yet again.

Call of Duty lobby (voice)
Multiplayer

• team 1 ( voice )
  • team 2 ( voice )
    Zombies
  • team 1 ( voice )
  • team 2 ( voice )
    Battle Royale
  • team 1 ( voice )
  • team 2 ( voice )

I would also like a fortnite room

Fortnite ( text Chanel)
Fortnite BR

• team 1 ( voice )
  • team 2 ( voice)
    Fortnite Zero
  • team 1 ( voice )
  • team 2 ( voice )

This is only an example as to what it could look like. Current members are using other channels within our discord to meet their needs. I beleive this could re-organize members to show who is avalable to play which mode they are playing because we (otg) are not meeting the needs of said community with the current setup.

Id also like to ask permission to setup an in game guild for Call of Duty MWIII (OTG) to also group up said members . I have been a leader within this guild in multiple chapters and understand what the general standards are and will continue to be. Unless Viking would like to set it up.

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Or we are playing on entirely different Discords. OTG isn’t a big FPS guild, although we have quite a few FPS players. Our original channels were adequate, now we don’t even had a Battlefield channel.

Yes Buzz i am aware OTG is not a FPS Guild, ive been around for a while as well. However i dont want to go to another Discord, I’d rather stay here where its not serious and all about the fun.

I am happy for you if you have found a place where you are having a good time. I would much rather have the members we do have that play FPS to have a place to go within our Discord.

If the leaders of this community do not think it’s necessary, then that’s their decision. We may not like it but i will not abandon OTG because their mindset does not meet mine.

I will however continue to ask for improvements.

Playing on other Dicord’s isn’t necessarily a desire to abandoned OTGers, heh. It’s to find a community of active players who are engaged in the game. I spend a lot of time in the OTG Guest area, as some of those players come over to visit us. FPS’s aren’t a priority for the guild DIscord (apparently), so, to stay engaged in the game I often go elsewhere, and not necessarily to spurn the guild.

1 Like