But is the Game Any Good?

Yes, yes the game is very good. Go download it now. :wink:

Joking aside, the launch has been very, very smooth. I’ve experienced no crashes, no lags, no rubber banding etc. As for the game itself…there is SO MUCH to do. Overwhelming at first, I’m still spinning around going wheeee shiny. And it’s hilarious, like I ride in game on a majestic pinata. If you don’t want to invest in a preorder, remember it is free to play for the general public, but I have a feeling will be massively popular.

Just to add-my four year old computer has no problem running everything on high graphics wise.

2 Likes

The only issue I have is that if I want to play borderless, I have to play on my right-hand monitor. If I want to play on my center monitor I need to play either windowed, or full screen – and full screen blocks me from being able to access anyuthing else on the computer without alt-tabbing out.

But other than that, I love it.

My character grunts and sighs a lot. Its driving me crazy. And the red dots…they’re everywhere!

But other than that I LOVE it.

How are all of you playing the game already? I’m unable to purchase it until February 11th.

Where are you, Xinra? That might be the reason.

Founders get a three day head start. Hope that helps.

Yes! I didn’t realize it was my own character making all those noises for a while, I thought it was NPCs until I was standing still out in the middle of nowhere. It is annoying. Maybe there’s a way to turn it off, which would be nice. I like a lot of things about the game and being an altoholic I thought it would be heaven but when I made my second character and first got back in at the beginning, I looked around and thought ‘I don’t want to do this all over again’ even with a new class. You’re pretty much on rails except when it opens up a bit in different monster infested lands and even then it’s not all that explore friendly imho. Still, the fun outweighs my few reservations so far. If you’re on the fence…you still can’t go wrong with free to play. And when you teleport you get a nice guitar riff…at least my arty does…kind of reminded me of Mad Max.

Well in his defense he carries around a big @$$ gun so it must be heavy (I play an arty too)! :slight_smile:
I am going to play around with the volume settings and see if I can lower it some. Its not bad but artillerist is much worse than Pally for sure.

For some reason I didn’t notice it that much today…maybe because I kept on the move more and yeah, when you look at that gun and think about how heavy it must be, it makes me tired. Maybe its all light alloys and only weighs ten pounds? I’m just glad we don’t have to worry about ammo!