Bluesails Atlas Private server

Terra,

Yeah people can contact me, Zercon, Splutty, or ProvokeMe, he is more active than I am here on the forums and can pass on the info for our private server too.

Just to be clear, I am in no way trying to take people away from the public server. If people are there having fun please continue and enjoy. This is a really great game, lets all have fun.

When OTG members are running private servers we have always shared the private server information. Our settings are much ‘easier’ than the public servers, taming times are 5x, we have much less ship decay at port (there is no reason for your boat to decay if you are gone for a week right?), We give more skill points per level so people can do more on their own and explore the different skill trees, player and animal stats are better (i.e. u get more weight, health, etc per point), harvest multiplier is 4X, food spoils slower and your corpse stays on the map longer giving you more time to get to it and recover your stuff, etc.

Also, many of the ARK modders are moving to Atlas, so we will be adding some mods to our private server, within reason, as they become available to make the game even more fun.

Keep in mind the public server is a huge 16x16 grid, our private server is only a 3x3 grid. But we have populated it with many great islands, and all types of islands, to explore. We are one big happy OTG Atlas family, there is no reason people can’t play in both places, and OTG has a presence on the public PVP server too if people are interested in that.

You are fine, there’s definitely folks that would be interested in playing on private after having frustration on public. The Ark otg private was a blast a couple years ago, sounds like the same folks are on it. The skill point boosts and multipliers on private make it more tolerable especially for people who have to work. Looking forward to the mods, should be fun. :smiley:

Good Question. I think it could go either way, but don’t know anyone who’s ever done that, it would be compllicated. Its tricky enough as it is. If you know Wounds or Woz, they would be a good people to answer that.

I was looking for the OTG Atlas group but didn’t see anything about it. I’ve been playing in the Kraken’s Maw server and decided to leave after hearing about the hackers, etc. I put in 149 hours in the game. Is it possible to get into the OTG playgroup?

Wow 149 hours, nice! Are you asking to join OTG folks on the PVP server? If so I don’t know who all is playing on there. OTG is only official on the NA-PVE server and there’s also some PVE private servers as mentioned in the first post by Bluethunder. Or you can get the best of both worlds, find a private server that is setup with both PVE and PVP clusters. :slight_smile:

Update: I think Bokeh was one of the gals that went to try the PVP server

And @Terra as well.

It’s complicated. And when you’re using a hosting provider, they probably won’t allow you to do it anyway.

You can hop from private server to private server as long as they have a shared grid config, and as long as the grid server is reachable for each private server.

There’s still the single point of failure in the actual grid server that maintains all the things between grid nodes.

Each grid node has its own configuration files, so you can change grid nodes in whatever way you want (decay, harvesting rates, taming rates, everything), but you’ll run into problems when you change the passwords for them. They’ve somewhat fixed this in one of the latest releases, but there’s still a huge chance it’ll disconnect you on zoning into another grid node.

I’ve put a lot of work in the technical background of it all, but decided not to run a private server for Atlas, since unlike ARK it’s still extremely inefficient and takes up a huge amount of resources for each grid node.

As a comparison: I run 6 ARK servers, which use about as much resources as 1-2 grid nodes in Atlas.

My system has 8 cores, and Atlas will fully utilize one core regardless of what a grid node is actually doing. Even if there’s no one online, a 9-node grid will put my system at a constant 100% CPU usage. And I only have the one system to run servers on :slight_smile:

The Bluesails server is running very well. Like most OTG groups the community of folks is what makes it special.
We had a great time this morning hanging Fairly on the Docs. Server runs smooth with Wounds doing our maintenance and upkeep. The upgrade to a 3x3 spread will be very nice. Great game on some great servers.

Mostly for anyone it is just a choice of what style you like to play. In Ark i never wanted to play on the main servers because of the time it takes to do certain things like taming. The time sink was just to massive. Waldy, Wozzle and Splutty all ran private servers at one time or another. Each had community’s that liked and supported them as well as the Ark chapter on the Official servers.

So at the end of the day it is up to you to decide what awesome OTG server you want to play on.

1 Like

Hi, new member to OTG. Looking to join the OTG Atlas company. Currently I’m coming A3 to A1 for any open land for claiming and it sure is cold up here. :slight_smile: I have the new member OTG discord and would like an invite to the atlas channels.

Hi Stormzlord,
Sounds like you might be looking for the OTG public server thread, which i am not sure exists. This thread is about the private Atlas server run by OTG members and many OTG members play on. As an OTG member you of course are welcome to join us. If you are looking to join us on the private server just Private Message me for the server info and password.

Happy Sails,
Bluethunder

Hi Stormzlord. You are actually already in the OTG Atlas forums, this is just a sub-thread of it.

Here’s the main area:
https://forums.oldtimersguild.com/c/game-development/atlas

For OTG guild information for NA-PVE (Hydras’s Den), go to the About Atlas or Captains Logs thread.

@Stormzlord PS – there is no subscription to the OTG voice Atlas channels (they are located under Game Development, we have 5 active Atlas voice channels at the moment PLUS a #Atlas text channel that is used frequently). If you are new to OTG Discord, if you follow the prompt when you first login there’s a message asking you to post a message there in the lobby so that a staff member can then private message you to confirm your Discord authorization. Then you should be able to see every OTG channel for every game.

If you wish to play on the private server instead of public, it’s instant you just have to ask Bluethunder for a fresh Discord link.

PS – sorry Blue for having all the public stuff on the private thread :smiley:

I was initially looking for OTG but didn’t see any subject pertaining to the game in the forum so I ended joining a small group. This is the first time I do pvp for this type of game. My type of pvp is, was really, one to one or group to group straight on aka Classic Unreal Tournament.

I have to say I don’t like it. We were harassed by one guy. We have reason to believe he was cheating because we saw him swimming after a schooner at full sail, it was going top speed, grappling on and trying to hook the helmsman. That was unbelievable. Six of us were trying to get him and he was dodging and climbing like a monkey. It’s impossible.

The came the BurkeBlack whale incident, captured on video, thus proving players were cheating.

Yesterday the two bases my group had was wiped out by the Federation. The leader refused to accept one member back because it turned out he was mouthing all kinds of things about our group; saying we were planning to attack, etc. We were too small, the numbers who are active are often less than 10. We were too busy building bases, collecting resources, etc. We did not have the time nor the manpower to attack anybody.

We found a new place and restarting.

Hellsbane,
OTG has a group playing PVP, there should probably be a separate thread for that as well.

Terra,
No problem at all about the public server stuff in this thread. There wasn’t a thread for the public server because until a couple days ago no one really knew there were multiple groups. Running a private server is expensive. Ours is already funded for the next 12 months, so we’ll be around.

Great game! Happy Sailing,
Bluethunder

Bit of a mishap on my Brig with Legendary sails :frowning: Mutiny!!!

1 Like

No, There are no issues with our Private server. Its run by OTG members and Nitrado, the same company that runs the public servers. Also our private servers are up 24/ 7.

Hi All! I am Merrcy~OTG.
If anyone needs help in Atlas on our OTG Private Server BluesSails, please dont hesitate to send me a message in game or out. You can find my name in Steam or in Discord all spelled the same as here ;]

1 Like

GASP!
Noooooooo

For the past few days, since mods were downloaded onto the private server, my game crashes almost every time I cross the boundary from one square (zone) to another. I jumped on the public server this morning and crossed the K11/J11 border 10x each way successfully without any crashes. While I do appreciate being able to play Atlas in a stress free environment, I will not play on the OTG private server until this issue is addressed. Thanks and have a great day!

Hey Merv,
Are you in the main company: Blackhand, or another? Please look for me on discord or in game when you are on and i’ll take a look. I’d like to know if its a specific zone or all different? are you in game or tabbed out texting in steam or discord as you switch zones? I have heard of another such incident involving B3, but then again that actually happened to me once before the mods were added. Please look for me, or Wounds, when you are on and we’ll see what we can do.

Also i just noticed that two of the servers didn’t automatically renew so they were offline. I just fixed that.

Thanks,
Bluethunder

I just wanted to point out that our private Atlas server Bluesails is NOT wiping, only the public servers have to wipe due to a whole new map etc etc. We will just be adding in the additional content.

1 Like