BDMobile leadership

Okay so since there is interest and a need the question is… who actually is interested in being an officer?

Understand, in a mobile game being an officer is not like you are an official OTG officer, just in the mobile game. You do need to be an OTG member in good standing of course and registered on the forums.

Mainly officers are there to run whatever guild functions are available in the game. Will discuss in more detail but first need to know who is interested in volunteering.

Thanks!

I will raise my hand, since I play as much as possible on mobile game :raising_hand_woman:

@NightHammer and @Elbrin99 this is your opportunity to make sure someone is on to get missions pulled when another officer is not on.

As Ranter said “Understand, in a mobile game being an officer is not like you are an official OTG officer, just in the mobile game. You do need to be an OTG member in good standing of course and registered on the forums.” If I understand we are only officers to pull missions, but not within the clan. That is doable on a casual mobile note.

2 Likes

I’ll help out. I have far more time at home now, since I do telehealth with clients. In June, if I go back to office setting I may not be nearly as available.

I’ve been officer in other online games (Perfect World). I’ve been in OTG for 3 or 4 years. I played BDO in 2017-2018. I’m in Portland OR so Pacific time zone.

XXI is on most of the time as well as are a couple others.

2 Likes

I haven’t spoken with Phaderus (XIIOIV) in a while (at least since I recommended the mobile game to him) and he has surpassed me…lol

Thank you for offering to help BDMobile out, it is appreciated.

1 Like

Hey all,

Just got back from grocery shopping and dinner.

I am east coast and typically on 20:00 - 23:00 EDT. If you need someone to help out around that time frame I would be willing.

In service to the guild,

Elbrin Starchaser

2 Likes

Great! Will get you set up shortly, just finished dinner and doing some stuff around the house.

@NightHammer and @whiprsnapr are already set up. Please also read the Mobile Games guidelines (link below).

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Ok @Elbrin99 is all set as well. That’s three officers. Let’s see if that works in terms of keeping things going.

Thanks again for volunteering!

1 Like

OK first stupid question.

There are a ton of ingame applications.How do we cross reference them with the OTG forums to make sure those folks actually applied and were approved by OTG?

I would imagine when the game went live there were a ton of random click this to a join a guild folks.

As always, I remain in service to the guild,

Elbrin Starchaser

We’ll have to start a new thread for people to post in to verify it is them and their in-game name(s).

Will set that up shortly and also mention in mobile games Discord.

People just randomly apply to guilds and there is very little control or even the ability to post info about the guild for people interested. Kind of sucks but what can you do? :roll_eyes:

Just a how to tell note, not a BDO specific policy:

To tell if a user here is a member, search for their name (or click on it in a post). Along the top, their trust level should say member, and they should be part of the members group. Also, if their forum name is blue (or higher) on Discord, they are a registered member. Not everyone uses Discord, and not everyone registers, but if you happen to see them and their name is blue, you’re set!

Thanks so much to those of you willing and able to step up!

3 Likes

Also on Discord please use the Mobile Games (under General Games) channel for text chat. There is a voice chat channel too. You should not be using BDO resources for BDM.

If there is enough interest we can set up separate BDM channels under GG. Thank you!

1 Like

Did OTG for BDO mobile fold? I cannot find any activity later than early 2020, and I am not able to add topics or reply to most of the threads, as if the forums are closed- although I am on my iPad, so it my just be me. I had a general game question and can’t find anyplace to ask.

There are 3 “active” folks left. Myself (HammerClan), Drizzey and Ionadea

Thank you for answering. Wow, sorry to hear it fell apart so fast. I’ve been enjoying it so far, mainly because I cannot sit in front of a computer for long hours any more. The iPad allows me to sit in a more comfortable position and prop up my arms and shoulders. I had heard about BDO for a long time, but thought it was a first person shooter like those military games most people seem to be into these days, so I didn’t even look into it. I am amazed how much like a PC fantasy RPG they were able to make BDOM. That being said, I am not a PvPer, Raider, or endgame nut. I am very casual and spend hours just fishing or messing around. And making alts, so I probably wouldn’t have been much help to the in-game guild anyways. I have a name change pending, whenever it go through I’ll give you a holler. Maybe if we find another person we could do 5-mans or something. I don’t mind little dungeons, it’s the huge everybody screaming and running around ones I can’t handle. ; )

You’re welcome to join up. The 3 of us are very casual as well. I stay logged on 24/7 on bluestacks/laptop. But only doing dailies, fishing and world bosses if I happen to be on.

The guild was active for a few months but winnowed down to 10ish by summer. The master is on barely monthly which is fine.

I knew Drizzey from playing BDO about 4 years ago.

Great! My family name change is supposed to go into effect on the next maintenance, which they announced in game as 3/9. As soon as it’s settled, I’ll put in an application.

I’m switching from mobile (out of room on my phone lol) to Bluestacks. Very excited about Shai!

I don’t know what is going on, but I cannot post to many of the BDOM forums. I press the “New Topic” plus sign and nothing happens. I tried to post to the BDOM application forum at https://forums.oldtimersguild.com/c/bdo/bdom-intraguild-apps/175 and it is doing the same thing. I cut and pasted someone else’s application format:

1. Discord ID: Tictaak #6514 , but I haven’t set it up for OTG servers yet.
  2. BDO Family Name: Tictaak
  3. Character names and levels: Tictaak (Valkyrie lvl 35), Bitterfrost (Witch lvl 26), Shantaak (Tamer lvl 20)
  4. Are you more interested in the active progression guild or AFK/Lifeskills/Overflow guild? I’m pretty casual, but I will try to help the guild if I can. Really not fond of PvP. I have enough stress in my life- don’t want it in my games also.
  5. If you are trying to join with friends and family, please list their names (forum/family) and what guild they belong to. n/a
  6. How did you hear about our chapter? (OTG forums, member/friend/family, recruitment ad on a website etc) Been with OTG for years- not sure how long, lost my tally when we upgraded to new forums. As to this game, I didn’t realize it was a Fantasy based game until recently. Going by the name I thought it was a military FPS. Happened to see it in the app store.

I’ll go ahead and submit an ingame application also, hopefully that will be easier for everyone.

[EDIT]. It is saying “This guild cannot accept applications”. It is showing 36/47 members.

@Sibrwd I am just running out the door to take my wife to drive my wife around for some errands. At some point I’ll be on my laptop and will take a look at what is up with the forums and also your app. If I can’t get online will do it later this afternoon. Sorry you are having difficulties!

@Sibrwd First off check out this post… I’ll make it clearer or maybe just move/close some forums to make things simpler. Been awhile since anyone even asked about the game honestly.

https://forums.oldtimersguild.com/t/ch-ch-ch-ch-changes/25267

I’ll process your app and get you in regardless, working on it now! :+1: