Ashes dev update + alpha 1 gameplay preview

I haven’t even had a chance to watch it myself because I’m at work but stumbled across this. I was a little worried after hearing about COE shutting down but looks like Ashes is making good progress. Feeling pretty good about my choice to back this game over the other kickstarters right about now

I’d more or less stopped paying attention to this over the past year after the Apocalypse stuff. Nice to see they are still making progress.

For some reason, the visuals kind of have a BDO feel to them even if the combat does not.

Same. I played 3-4 matches of the battle royal and stopped paying attention after that. A youtuber I’ve been following for his New World videos just happened to post a video regarding this one so I looked it up. Hopefully we’ll get alpha 1 by the end of the year

Highlights of AoC e-mail received today (copied & pasted)
…forgo the regularly scheduled cosmetic updates for the time being…
have commissioned a small statue to commemorate this challenge that we as a species will overcome. The statue will be granted to all accounts who have been registered or register during this crisis. This item will be showcased on our next live stream in April and will be placeable within your home as a piece of décor…
that limited Alpha One testing will begin in May of 2020 starting with our highest level Alpha One backers from Kickstarter…
Our goal is to have the Alpha One game client ready for full testing in Fall of 2020…
Over the summer, as we expand the participating Alpha One testers to include Bravers and above, they too will start off with weekend experiences that will test the patience of our players. As we get closer to Fall of this year, we aim to invite all Alpha One players to participate in weeklong testing sessions

that limited Alpha One testing will begin in May of 2020 starting with our highest level Alpha One backers from Kickstarter…OMG OMG OMG. I was a day 1 braver of workds backer, this has me hyped. I need to check my email spam folder for this :slight_smile:

Yup got the email :). Phoenix level backers and above get first crack at it, then braver of worlds, then those who bought into it after the kickstarter.

I know we have quite a few braver level backers here (including myself), hope to see you all in game by summer