Anyone Else Nerding Out?

Anyone else now studying Lost Ark like there’s going to be a quiz on it?-lol- I want to play it now, and since I can’t instead I’m obsessively watching videos(so many videos) and overloading my brain on classes and such. With a three year old game, there is a TON to catch up on.

1 Like

I am very excited for the launch. I have always wanted a well done MMO-ARPG and this may be it. And it checks all the boxes that I want from a game.

2 Likes

I watched a lot of class videos to figure out what I wanted to play, but am deliberately avoiding looking at content/guides 'cause I want to progress slowly.

2 Likes

I’ve watched a few ‘never do this’ and ‘always do this’ videos and I am overwhelmed with the amount of information. However, there are parts of the game that remind me of other MMO’s I’ve played so I don’t think the learning curve will be that bad. Lots’ of advice out there, and some contradictory. One guy says always do quests, another one says grind to the end as quick as possible. But they all agree having lots of alts is the thing to do in this game.

I heartily recommend the ‘9 Things You Need to Know Before Playing’ from Legacy Gaming on Youtube. I found it very helpful. Especially the bit on grenades and the percent healing potions…hang on to them until you’re fifty. (that’s 50 years old)…oops, missed it!

2 Likes

I started with his '15 Things Not to Do" and was hooked. Really like the Legacy Gaming style. And yeah, I’m going in not having played Beta so I would never know half the things he talks about. SO MUCH DETAIL. This is a complicated game, but then again we’re essentially coming in at the three year mark.

1 Like

Here is a tips thread on the LA forums that contains a lot of good information:

1 Like

Can I interest you in a tier list of tier lists?

3 Likes

Then, you can follow it up with a video explaining why tier lists are worthless for most people.

2 Likes

I use tierlist maker to plan my main and alts out… does that count??

1 Like

If you haven’t seen elsewhere, looks like you can pre-load on Steam Monday night (7th) at 9pm Pacific. So we got that going for us…50 bucks says he eats it.

That’s 9AM pacific time, not pm.

Oh, good! The LA forum post I saw said pm and 12am for east coast. I was feeling sorry for those guys!

That’s my :birthday:, everyone must have :cake: while :computer:

Yes majorly, I feel like I know about as much as I can possibly know on a game not out yet.

Patch Notes Just Dropped