Anyone else just waiting?

Yes, I am just waiting.

I played FO76 for over 100 hours and I generally enjoyed this time. The game is really amazing when it is working. Expending resources on pvp is an interesting choice when so much of the base game needs to be polished and fixed (and stay fixed).

I took a break too, I found I wasn’t excited to play after work.

It just isn’t sparking joy for me right now :wink:

I think it is a good start. I consider it early access. I am waiting to see where they go with it.

I do hope they change their mind about no human NPCs though. It feels more like a zombie shooter than a Fallout game without them. I could not keep doing the quests knowing there would be no human NPCs.

How are things now? I took a break due to knee surgery and was going to start up again but then there were all the bug issues. Saw there were a few patches… how are things now in terms of the bugs and also improvements to the game?

I really enjoyed my play through of FO76. Yes I ran into a few of the bugs but only a couple times did they really interfere with my gameplay. I played it like a single player FO game and it worked really well.
That being said, after a 100 hours or so of play time, I’m also taking a break waiting to see how Bethesda cleans it up and what they have in mind for adding quests. Picked up Kingdom Come: Deliverence and I’ve been really enjoying it (although I would say that a save-game mod is an absolute must).

I played for about 2 weeks after launch, and at first thought the bugs weren’t that bad, but then got really frustrated with the random level of mobs, either being too low to offer much xp or so high they’d kill me right off the bat. I also started running into worse bugs, like a major quest line not progressing correctly, and frequent disconnects I assume due to a subpar wifi connection that other online games manage to handle with d/c’ing.

So I decided to just set this aside for a few months and see how it goes. If they were to add text chat for PC users, I’d be trying it again in a heartbeat, but I don’t know if that’s even on their distant agenda.

Patch today fixed many things, broke a few (mostly mutations). But it is a lot more stable and far more enjoyable these days.
New mutations work, so you can always re-mutate. He says. With tears in his eyes at how long it took to get the right combo of mutations.