Another Year Goes By...My 15 years with OTG..I am So Thankful

Well, as usual, it’s time for my End of Year thanks to OTG. Last year was my best year, and 2022 has been my WORST year… which is pretty much my life minute by minute.

It’s been about 6 months since I logged into any game, ever since I moved to this new medicine, Oxycodone, my whole life has changed. While my pain has decreased with this medicine, it has completely changed who I am as a person. I either sleep A LOT… OR… I am awake for 3 days straight, there is no rhyme or reason to it.

For those who do not know, I suffer from a condition called spinal stenosis, my spinal column is too thin for the nerves to go through, thus, PAIN…and I do mean PAIN… I mean like if you had an open nerve on a tooth, but the pain is in your back down to your foot. Oh, and it NEVER EVER stops. EVER.

15 years with OTG… WOW!! It seems like just yesterday I loaded up DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) and I was looking for a Guild to join. That day changed my life for the better. I hadn’t been disabled very long, so I was going through the normal “why me” and “I can fix this” mental things you do. In real life I have no friends because I can’t really leave my home, I can’t stand or sit for more than 10 minutes, I have missed my kids weddings, my father-in-laws funeral, many LIFE things. I eventually came to grips my life had changed, and luckily for me, I had OTG to help me deal with it. For that, I am forever grateful. I had many days I wanted to give up, but I could log on to a game, hop into voice chat, and I just felt better. OTG FOR LIFE!

My wife…I am nearing 30 years with my loving wife Mary. She is MY ROCK. My disability really challenged us, she could of easily gave up, because in the beginning I was NOT easy to be with. I married a BETTER PERSON, it’s just that simple, I hope ANY of you find HALF of what I have with my wife, your life would be a success, because my marriage is far and above what I deserve.

The last thing I would like to share is this…and none of this amazingly new… I have just found them to be true the older I get. Life is short - It’s not only short, but the older you get the faster it seems to go. Place a value on your time, after all, it a commodity you will NEVER get back. Happiness and Love is ALWAYS greater than money - I have had both, I have been pretty well off and near poverty, when I was near poverty I was happy, I will take that everyday and twice on Sunday. LOVE… Love as hard as you can. Love like there is no tomorrow because it is not guaranteed to anyone of us. Be kind… Try to do an Act of Kindness once a day, doesn’t matter what it is, or how small YOU think it is, help someone by doing anything they didn’t ask for. Be YOURSELF, if someone does not accept you AS YOU, MOVE ON!!

Thanks OTG, again, I have a lot of words but they would all be so small and never explain the true meaning of how you guys/gals have changed my life, you kept me alive when I had almost lost all hope. THANK YOU!!

Have a great and safe New Year!!

BONES

Blockquote

13 Likes

Always good to have you Bones. And I’d say that your disability is one of the few good reasons to prescribe Oxy, and I hope it makes your life at least a little more liveable!

Happy New Year, bud!

I hope you have a better year in 2023, Bones. You deserve it.

As to the pain, I know where you’re coming from. I once had a Deep Dry Socket, which is like a Dry Socket, but instead of an exposed nerve , is an exposed root nerve bundle, so it felt like all the teeth on the lower left jaw had a dry socket, including the ones that had had the teeth extracted over a decade earlier.

Which is why when I fell down the stairs and snapped my right femur in 2014 and slipped on the ice and resnapped the same femur in 2020, it wasn’t treated as an “emergency”, because the pain I had was, at worst, only a 7.5 on my pain scale . It’s also why I went through 5+months of having a necrotizing ball joint (because I had also dislocated my right hip) during the start of the COVID lockdown. :slight_smile:

So I wish you better pain management and a more balanced sleep schedule for the new year.