Annoyed by the latest AtD

Agreed, of course. Non-combat is silly. The 80% comment is “non-combat professions”. Combat is a “given” in SC, PvE or PvP, it’s going to happen. For me, it’s about control. I don’t like surprises, I don’t live for that thrill of “instant death every moment”. It makes me sick to my stomach and triggers PTSD all over the place. It’s not enjoyable and wasn’t even in my youth. The Pink Panther’s Kato, jumping out and attacking me 7x24 does not interest me in the slightest.

I want to fight? I go where fighting is and do fighting. I want to quietly mine or explore? Then let me.

The key for CIG is in recognizing that not everyone plays the same way, wants the same things, and is rewarded in the same manner.

Did you guys happen to see this on Reddit? It was a blockaide over at Cry-Astro, apparently there was a reason for it:

I lost IQ points.

Trying to invent a reason for “I’m harassing you! hurr durr durr!” is probably even sadder than just saying you’re doing it to fuck with people…

The vid of his reaction after getting killed was the one that spoke volumes:

This guy is a genius. Pure, unmitigated genius. He’s right, the alpha of the game in development should absolutely have no bugs. The blockade is indeed the best solution, but he should be more violent about it. And racist, add some racism in there, that will absolutely help.

Now leave me alone, I’m going to go watch Jersey Shore…or whatever other show is stereotypically stupid :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree Splutty

I would prefer them just to say hey we are blockading CA for some fun. Expect to have to fight to get in.

Much more respect for that at least

He needs to throw in a little women bashing to top it off, or it just isn’t going to be fun for anyone.

IKR? After watching that I went out and bought a 6-pack of Pabst…and I don’t even drink, I just felt the need to have it for some reason. (no disrespect intended to anyone who actually drinks Pabst) :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, I desperately need CIG to be watching this and realizing this is the kind of players they’ve attracted. In my worst, caffeine-addled fantasies I could not have contrived an exaggerated mess better than this to make these guys look awful.

If CR is sitting back, watching this and laughing gleefully at how amazing their “emergent gameplay” content is, I’ve made a horrible mistake backing this game.

CP8R. Nuff said :slight_smile:

I don’t know what that means, Splutty.

E-CP8R, in Eve Online, look it up on Google. (Or if you play Eve, you should know what it is… :smiley:

I googles it and got nothing useful.
Care to explain or is this a mystery for us to solve :slight_smile:

I played Eve years ago, for 2-3 years, but was never big into the “scene” so I likely don’t know the lingo.

E-CP8R is a bottleneck gate into 0.0, and also a system that’s a shortcut between two large high security regions. So at all times, there were camps there, snipers, the lot.

The original blockade, really :slight_smile:

It was great trying to get through that system.

“Space is big”. Huge really, enormous. So why design a game architecture that narrows it down to a 1km wide area of space that can be camped? Oh, right, because “we love predators and salt” :slight_smile:

Oh, just saw Splutty answered: :slight_smile:

I don’t play Eve and I looked it up because I hate acronyms… Results below.

http://www.eve-search.com/thread/331220-0/page/all

"Tas Devil
JUDGE DREAD Inc.
Forces of Freedom

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author Find chat from in-game Posted - 2006.10.08 22:47:00 - [491]
Edited by: Tas Devil on 08/10/2006 22:50:31
I’m a little confused…

You have PB marked as a war zone between the 2 alliances that live there … EKP and FOF… on one side…and TRI and RISK on another… 2 alliances which do not live in PB … yes their war deced us… but they mainly shoot our noobs in empire… they have made little operations in 0.0 space appart from their usual friday night camping of torrinos gate in ecp8r…so what warants this war zone status for PB … ?

Edited before this degenerates… credit due where credit is … TRI and RISK are giving us a fight…but its hardly in PB… certainly not more then they have in the last 6 months… at bests skirmishes with no strategic objective… as far as the recent wars between our alliances its a matter of empire attacks mainly…so I just challenge the Pure Blind marker of war zone… its business as usual as far as I’m concerned…
Tas

The best Laugh ever … Credit goes to Killer8 for this !
This includes bad language… so beware"

Torrinos Gate in cp8r . So, a location, I would presume.

It’s a pipe directly from null space to high security Caldari space:

1 Like