Am I the only one bananas over BG3?

I don’t know if I am having bad luck or maybe I just suck but I have had two PCs killed (a barb and a rogue) and in all the time I played in EA I didn’t have my character killed. Geez, but yeah, the game intensity is pretty engaging that is for sure.

Are you running in Tactical? It’s REALLY hard, like PvP vs the GM hard.

Nope, just the middle option, but if this next character a paladin dies, I am going to story mode. I guess I didn’t age well. ehehehe

1 Like

I am not going to admit how much Dalkin and I have played the past 2 days. We’re having a blast, though, once we started to adjust to how the co-op play works.

Man I really want some scaling options for the UI because it is waaay too big for my tastes, really want to downsize it a bit. Haven’t even seen a mod for that yet.

I don’t really have any issues, but my monitor is gigantic. I wish I could break it up and sort it better, vs the “pile of buttons” approach they’re using. I’m regularly hunting down spells.

Yeah I am thinking maybe an 80" TV :slight_smile: Had to go to story mode, but the game is pretty awesome.

I play on a 55" display, I just wish I could make the main UI boxes smaller. I run around with the UI turned off a lot.

Mine’s only 49", but with the aspect ratio I have a lot of screen real estate and the UI doesn’t really seem to take up all that much space.

What an awesome game. I think this might be GOTC!!! :slight_smile: If Starfield is half as good it will be a classic but BG3 is GOAT for sure.

I picked it up this weekend from steam and I lost a weekend I haven’t done that since the launch of Star Wars the Old Republic

1 Like

I’m on my 2nd playthrough, 300 hours in :slight_smile:

I am on my second and third at the same time.
Have around 280 hours in I think.
One campaign is my second solo one using a weird multiclass design I figured out.
The other is a multiplayer group I am doing with 3 friends every Monday night.

Crazy thing is, I would join another MP run just to play another class and experience it all again.

Easily in my top 3 games of all time.

Agreed. It’s parked right now, twice over. Put in a few 100 hours into Starfield, now I’m in Phantom Liberty, but I will most absolutely swing back.

I blush to disclose I’ve clocked over 400 hours since launch and have yet to complete it, though both my 2 person co-op with Dalkin and (one of) my solo campaigns are in Act 3. At least I’m not playing at quite such an insane rate as I was the first month.

An amazingly fun game!

Someone I follow on Twitter did 8 playthroughs at the same time. Built 8 parties, 8 saved games, and walked each one through each part, making different decisions. He’s still finishing it, but it’s an amazing piece of work. I’ve only done 3 playthroughs, my 3rd is stuck at the end of Act 3, not finished yet.

My head would explode.

I just got the game as I was waiting to finish Cyberpunk. I am really looking forward to creating a character and being immersed into this amazing looking world.

1 Like

My brother bought me the game within a few days of release. Then I had some computer issues and had to buy some replacement hardware… NOW my computer is back up and I can play again. I kinda feel like I lost all momentum and tho I only got to act 2, I’ve not been firing it up.

I kinda burned myself out by October, put the game down, and then had a really hard time picking it back up. I was well into Act 3, but I can’t currently bring myself to pick that campaign back up because I feel like I’ve lost a lot of framing context.

About a week ago, though, I started a new campaign and am currently having a blast all over again. Sometimes, you just need a break.

2 Likes