A walk down nostalgia lane

[Clouseau] “How Can A Blind Man Be A Lookout?” [Dreyfus] How Can An Idiot Be A Policeman? Answer Me That!"

…and so many more. :rofl:

3 Likes

early-mid 70’s. “Hogan’s Heroes” , “W.W. II” movies with all the CHAD actors back then, dumb westerns, “I dream of Jeanie” … Oh … I sure did at 6 years old … HAWT, Bruce Lee ass busting flicks … convincing me that Asian people have no pain receptors ;-), and … de Minky. Pink Panther movies were/are beautiful works of art. “You’re in good hands when … You got BALLS”. lol so good.

He was also in a movie named “The Party” or “The Guest” … been so long I think Peter Sellers gets accidentally invited to a Party and stumbles clumsily through it wrecking everything. I just remember laughing so hard as a kid then.

1 Like

I just loved Peter Sellers, no matter what he was in. But I got such a kick out of his attempts to outwit his own houseman’s assassinations testing.

Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan, Harry Secombe founding members of The Goon show a BBC radio show.

Not to everyone’s taste now but in its day it was outrageously funny this episode was broadcast in 1955 and without these people Monty Pythons would probably never have made air

1 Like

Kato , correct? His assassin butlet?

1 Like

Oh dear Jesus … had no knowledge of this Goon Squad. Funny as hell … lol. “They don’t make tunes like that anymore!. (pause) Let’s try the other side.” hahaha Thank you for bringing this to light.

His role in Doctor Strangelove is one that still makes me laugh.

Cor Blimey!

It’s amazing how many mature shows we watched as kids because of the extremely limited number of channels. My kids only watch kids shows on Disney, Netflix, Amazon, youtube. Saturday nights I’ll let them watch SNL with me until it gets really inappropriate for 8 and 9 year olds. Then I find some kind of monster hunting show on Trvl and scare the hell out of them. Until I’m told I have to change the channel.

1 Like

on the idea of “as kids” and “limited channels” … between the age of errr 5 to 10 I can not even guess how many times I watched “The Omega Man”. Dude, in his own place, sports car in the garage, military rifle with a night vision scope, five-finger-discounts at his favorite retailers … all positives … only negative I could think of was playing chess by yourself. Oh yeah … dying at the end of the movie. I think of him as “The Omega CHAD” nowadays. lol

1 Like

Hahaha, yeah. Blazing Saddles, History of the World. We didn’t get half the jokes. Heck I remember watching Grapes of Wrath and Valley of the Dolls at 9 or 10 years old because it was summer and there was nothing else on at 10:30PM.

And don’t forget … "Does your dog bite? … “it’s not my dog” :joy:

3 Likes