890 is so...clean and stark

I have no idea what an efalant is nor does Yahoo! Though smugglers aren’t necessarily thieves, they may move stolen goods, but that may just mean they didn’t ask where it came from, doesn’t mean they are the ones who stole them. :slight_smile:

I would have actually said Efalants and woosals. That’s a nod to Winnie the Pooh. But I see You are not old enough to know. No problem, all it takes to be old is time, and living long enough.

1 Like

Haha not so much before my time just not on any of the 3 TV stations I had while growing up. I only saw the show from time to time when visiting my friend who had cable.

Ok. I have 4 kids, I think I know by heart, every single kids show from the beginning of time to the end of the century.

Here is a great image to give you an idea of the size of this ship…

The captain’s yacht looks like it would cause a lot of drag in atmo lol.
I took a few minutes to look on RSI about the size. Its 123 meters and the first thought that came to mind was if this was to land in a football stadium (American football that is) the goal posts would be smashed and maybe even the first row of seats.

Looks like everything they are putting out there so far is about the size of the frigate, give or take.

Magic, you are joking, right? That thing on top isn’t the yacht, it’s a 600i :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, that was intended to be a joke. Having looked at the RSI page, (if they include a yacht) it looks like the 85x Runabout is more what they have in mind for the captain’s yacht. At only 13m long I’m guessing that would be docked inside, not outside creating drag or getting shot up.

It occurred to me the other day that you could land 2 ships inside. Could you land another 2 on the outside and would they stick in Q-drive? Anyone?

There absolutely has to be mass restrictions. We know that larger/heavier ships move slower and are less responsive when full. The 890 should have a drive that can push X and if you have 3X the mass it should crap out, IMHO, like trying to two a 5th wheel camper with my Honda Civic.

I’m game for guild plot planning down the road. By HiSec I am assuming that you mean UEE space and well within it which also works for me. Count me in!

Yeah, basically where the UEE will eventually respond, and an area with enough resources where we can all drop down plots and build out. I picture the first 4 making a “4 corners” and building out from there, down a “seam” towards an edge where 2 more guildees have dropped plots.

I’ve 4 plots, so I have lots of flexibility.

I’ve only the single plot that comes with my Pioneer. Hopefully CIG will allow us to build ground assets such as fuel storage tanks, warehouses etc. Would be very cool to have our own rural community.

Everything they’ve said indicates that will be the case. Mining, refining, medical, landing pads, tech stations, turrets, hangars (ground vehicles), etc. I’m sure it won’t all launch at the same time but the sky is the limit on what they can add. The way I’m looking at it, we all building mining/solar to get going and share. One of us springs for a fusion plant to power all of us, another springs for a big refinery, etc. We split up the really big costs and share them. Stuff like that.

Well remember when talking about UEE space. Its not gonna be infinite. I think faction standing on whatever planet you plan to use is going to play a part.

good point gary

If you think of it as bubbles inside bubbles, you will have the larger UEE secure space, and within that pockets of less civilized space and more civilized space. If we find a pocket that is farthest from any uncivilized bubbles and has a habitable area that we can quickly gain faction and also has the resources available that we will need - then we are a go.

Ultimately it does not need to have all of the resources necessary for building a base of ops. It needs one really good resource we can sell.

Early on it can just be a very common resource we need for building, given how much we’ll need and now much others will need. Rare stuff is great, but it will run out eventually, bricks are always needed :slight_smile:

LOL we are applying the EVE model here. Seems like its going that way though. It would be nice to see some gameplay where players settle a wild space and then get a treaty for UEE protection or who ever is the closest nation.

Not an Eve model, though, because SC has laws. I bought the plot, I place the plot, I own the plot. Someone comes along and screws with me, the UEE eventually shows up and stops them. It’s not “might makes right”.

CIG swears that any 1 planet has more than enough space for millions of plots and I agree with them, there will be “enough”. Now, whether or not there will be enough GOOD plots remains to be seen, but I know CIG isn’t going to abandon us to the wilds.

That said, they have a bad history of “hurry up, 1st ones get it” which means I do expect a rather brutal land rush in the beginning where all of the “best” plots are taken, if only to then be sold later by scalpers, which I despise.