Twitch Addons change

This. They wanted to focus on other areas of Twitch and didn’t much care what the addons did. No $ in addons, really. At least, not much.

1 Like

From Overwolf:

One small addition on our end - folks who have concerns about data collection can opt out, and we’ll also be adding an opt out from ad personalization later this year

Also: Important Curseforge Support, Moderation, and Site Availability Updates - CurseForge - Medium

Hashberry, does opting out mean we can’t use the addon?

Due to the launch of Shadowlands being pushed back, Overwolf’s Curseforge transition downtime week will now occur during the first week of Shadowlands release, meaning no addons will be able to be updated between November 24 and “early December”. How can 2020 get any worse?

Wowhead article here - read it and weep:
https://www.wowhead.com/news=319169/curseforge-suspending-addon-updates-during-shadowlands-launch-week

But I have been updating my addons currently and its way past September 24th. Wonder if that start date is incorrect ?

I mistyped the month. It’s November. Sorry. Post corrected.

aaaah…thanks Ribbit. That makes perfect sense now.

Diablo 4 is announced as an XBox only exclusive.

1 Like

Well, I mean, you can opt out of using the addon all together :stuck_out_tongue: But I know that’s not what you mean.

No, according to them we will be able to opt out of those features and still use the addon.

1 Like

mic drop

Well, that sucks.

I’m not buying a new system to play a single new game.

There should be an announcement tomorrow from Twitch & Overwolf regarding this issue. They spent today negotiating options.

1 Like

Timeline for the switchover has been adjusted (basically moved to 11/30):

Dang Splutty, scared the crap out of me there with the Diablo 4 thing, haha!

I just answered the question how 2020 could get any worse, that was one of the options :smiley:

1 Like

I found this listed this morning when I googled wow addons just to see if anything had been added/changed. I found it was listed on Wowhead.

Just a quick note: I was trying out different ones and found that Windows prevents installation of the Ajour addon saying it cannot identify the publisher. I’ve not finished trying some of these out so am not sure which ones will run into this problem, yet. But do know that particular one Windows does not like.

2 Likes

I switched over to WowUp this evening. I logged into the game only to be told my addons were out of date (I had updated them just before logging in)…but I was using Overwolf/Curse. Obviously what they had was out of date if what they loaded was out of date per the game.

I rather like how easy it was to get WowUp installed and it actually found and updated those items the game said was out of date. So apparently Overwolf/Curse is not quite as efficient or as up-to-date as they say they are.