Tips and other stuff you discovered (Spoilers?)

can you make lockpicks? I found to bobby pins and broke them on the first lock I tried and have not seen more

They are rare at first but get more common. I have gotten around 15 or so.

another thing I am curious about if you base can be attacked by other players if your under level 5. If not having an alt that is under level 5 would be ideal as they could build out the base while your higher level collected everything

You would need to multi-box with two accounts to make it viable. You don’t have a shared stash between characters, so trading resources between alts would be difficult.

Remind me not to team with you… though I guess I should ask what kind of music. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dont forget to crouch(hide) using Ctrl key. When you attack out of that position, you get 2x damage. Ive eased up to a house or area and see mobs walking around. Taking out that particular higher level one first from a distance with a hunting rifle is nice :slight_smile: when it gets clobbered with a 2x hit and hopefully a crit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think your camp can be attacked. It can be used by other players, but I don’t think there’s a damage mechanic for it.
Workshops can be attacked, but those are meant to be temporary, contested things anyway

I mean, I pretty much crouch the second I start playing any Fallout game. Because, paranoid.

If I don’t see that “hidden” indicator I start freaking out. :sweat:

1 Like

First thing I do. I’m nearly Hidden at all times. I’m sure I look ridiculous duck-walking around the map.

Yep! I’ve always used it in Fallout games (or any game with sneak) as an alert to enemies.

1 Like

Unless your stats are really low it should be an alert OF enemies not an alert TO enemies! :smiley:

I’ve had to repair my camp a few times. On 2 occasions it was from Rad Scorpions and Super Mutants attacking it. Don’t know about the other times as there was no alert or anything that I was being attacked. But all I did was click on the C.A.M.P and selected repair all. And it wasn’t that expensive. 1 of each resource at the time.

Haha, good catch!

“The simplest way to grab modification recipes is to scrap weapons. You’ll get a random recipe for a particular mod that you can then craft to attach to your weapon of choice.”

3 Likes

AWESOME! Thanks!

There are Maps on walls in some places, like the radio tower where you put in the airdrop holotape and maybe train stations etc. If you click on the push pins on the map it discovers those points on your map and you can then fast travel to them.

4 Likes

WOW! GREAT TIP! Thank you!!! :smiley:

1. Looted weapons of the same type sometimes have slightly different stats and varying durability meters. Watch when you scrap weapons, that pipe pistol you are about to scrap might have better durability and/or slightly higher range, accuracy etc than the one you have equipped
1 Like

When you level up, you don’t have to select a perk card from the stat category you are increasing! Click the filter option, and select any perk you want.

3 Likes

Good tip Drakkmire, I am going to try this today. (Planning on starting a new character)

You have several PERK Cards in that first group that you pick up in the vault that promotes you to level 2. Don’t forget that you can slot in most/all of them because you start with a 1 in each SPECIAL.