Tips and other stuff you discovered (Spoilers?)

I threw in an edit to my #5 above about scrapped junk not taking up space in your stash. I may have been wrong on that.

Yeah, it does. I already filled my stash. Converted some stuff to bulk, but it takes plastic, lots of plastic.

also food spoils but you can turn it into fertilizer…

1. You can get a power armor frame at the beginning of the game in the Morgantown Train Yard (Youtube Video with location). Apparently, Power Armor frames increase your Strength to 10 and give you 40 or 60 DMG and Rad resist, and get rid of fall damage.

2. Character build planner! - It’s not complete, and some things aren’t up-to-date, but they’re working on keeping it updated and it’s a great help to see what’s available!

3. Ammunition has weight, keep that in mind when determining what to carry

4. Item level determines base stats. A level 1 Pipe Pistol and a level 5 Pipe Pistol have different base stats, so you’ll be constantly upgrading your equipment!

1 Like

#3 !!!

forgot this one

and apparently once you enter a power armor frame it’s yours forever and will despawn to your inventory if you leave it (I haven’t tested it yet)

I was watching a YouTube video and a person left their power armor fraim behind. As they were walking away, they got a popup message that it had been added to their inventory. It ways 10 lbs.

1 Like
  • Here’s an article about the 10 things you should do first. It details power armor location, hazmat suit loc, and minigun spawns.

• isle posted a link in another thread here with some of the latest news. I found the PVP section interesting. A good reason to stash all your junk…after scrapping it.

" How Does PvP Work?

When you shoot someone you do a little bit of damage, which can be equated to lightly slapping them in order to challenge them to a duel. In response to this, the other player can choose to ignore or engage. If they engage in a battle with you, they’ll start to take full damage. The one who is killed in this consenting PvP match has the option to seek revenge. Doing so gives that person the opportunity to get double the rewards granted they’re successful.

If you’d rather choose to ignore a PvP match, there’s no way to escape being killed–despite the small damage dealt to you during the initiation phases. However, if you are killed by a player under these circumstances, that player becomes a Wanted Murderer and will receive no rewards from having killed you.

A Wanted Murderer is marked on the map as a red star and a bounty is placed on their head. Players looking to cash in on this bounty aren’t visible on the Murderer’s map. If the murderer is killed, the money from that bounty is taken out their stock.

In order to give players time to properly acclimate to how Fallout 76 plays, PvP won’t be available to players until level five. And if you perish from any PvP encounter, the only thing you’ll lose is the junk you’ve been collecting, which can be reclaimed after death if not already picked up by other players. You can always store junk in stashes found around the world, so as to safeguard a portion of your stock. Armor and weapons are retained in your inventory after death."

1 Like

Can you scrap in the field? If so, does this mean you lose them on death vs not losing them while weapons? Does it change the carry weight if you scrap them?

You can only scrap at a workbemch. But you can build one in your camp which you can bring out anyplace other than towns etc. There are lots of workbenches out in the world too.

1 Like

Scrap and store, scrap and store.

After getting to level 10, I agree with the article linked above about traits for lockpicking and hacking. It is hugely important. Also, stimpaks will be super valuable. I go through them (and food and water) like candy.

1 Like

I had/have an issue with moving my house when I relocated my camp. I got a floating object error so I cant even place it again. A helpful forum poster theorized I blueprinted something on the exterior of my house that wasn’t on a foundation giving the error. I surmised it was my water pump! So if you need to move camps and have a house make sure you don’t blueprint anything not on a foundation like a water pump or exterior turret!

Words to live (and respawn) by. :smiley:

1 Like

You’ve already probably heard about it by now, but just in case … go to your settings and check your microphone status. It defaults to always on when you install the game! There is currently no push to talk setting but I hope by launch it’ll be added.

And check it again from time to time. I had set it to off one day, and the next day it was on again. Remember, only you can prevent other people across the internet from hearing your private and embarrassing conversations lol.

Why do they do that in so many games? Hate that the default is on.

I think I will redirect my mic to a my aux in from my alexa so it will play music into the game

can you make lockpicks? I found to bobby pins and broke them on the first lock I tried and have not seen more

They are rare at first but get more common. I have gotten around 15 or so.

another thing I am curious about if you base can be attacked by other players if your under level 5. If not having an alt that is under level 5 would be ideal as they could build out the base while your higher level collected everything

You would need to multi-box with two accounts to make it viable. You don’t have a shared stash between characters, so trading resources between alts would be difficult.

Remind me not to team with you… though I guess I should ask what kind of music. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dont forget to crouch(hide) using Ctrl key. When you attack out of that position, you get 2x damage. Ive eased up to a house or area and see mobs walking around. Taking out that particular higher level one first from a distance with a hunting rifle is nice :slight_smile: when it gets clobbered with a 2x hit and hopefully a crit :slight_smile:

2 Likes