RIP Brad McQuaid

Definitely sad news. I’ll still continue to back Pantheon, but I much rather have had Brad’s continued passion and attention to detail in developing the game. I’m sure he will become a NPC that all players will end up interacting with, but it’s just not the same.

1 Like

Sad news. I hope that does not alter Pantheon’s development. Oftentimes, it takes the visionary to realize the vision.

1 Like

Visionary Realms has made it very clear that they are moving forward. Also, Brad’s family has given their blessing to the company to do so. There is a strong desire and push to #FinishItForBrad, as they say.

1 Like

I think I’m gonna take the leap (finally) and buy into the game. My new package will be my x-mas present to myself. I just hope it doesn’t turn into a lump of coal. lol

1 Like

Yep. Same here. I’m eye-balling the $300 package. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m thinking the Legate $100 one.

1 Like

Some pay a hundred dollars for a pair of shoes. Some a “expensive” dinner. A hundred dollars is alot of money, more than I have atm in my checking or savings in all truth, but if it’s for something you believe in or want to believe in. Well, however it works out it’s for a good cause … at the very least … in the end.

3 Likes

I heard about this the day it happened and am very sad about this. That being said, I really believe that this will give the VR team the drive to complete Pantheon. Brad laid the ground work and maybe he accomplished what he wanted: the foundation for a new world. The best thing we can do is be supportive in whatever way we can.
RIP Aradune

1 Like

I agree, @Aminalistic. VR has a good team who are all invested in continuing Pantheon’s development. I believe that they’ll continue working hard to keep it progressing. Crowdfunded games are never a sure thing, but I think this has as strong a chance as any to make it all the way.

1 Like

RIP. The person who brought us EQ and launched this whole genre.

1 Like

I hope Brad lives on in Pantheon, this is sad news.

1 Like

Glad to see a section dedicated to Pantheon. I think those of us who loved Brad’s vision and have fond memories of his games will feel obligated to experience his vision with this game. I hope they find a way to memorialize him in the game. I remember him appearing in-game in EQ1 on his Paladin back in the day GM’s actually came into games and there was a presence of the developers that players could experience. I know we got a feel of his vision in the first year of EQ before SONY bought them. I really hope the game brings back some of the core components to a good MMO and seems like they are putting them in; reliance on a group, trinity style gameplay, consequences with dying (discouraging PUGs and auto grouping), limiting fast-travel options so that you are immersed in the game. I’m really looking forward to it :blush: Brad will be sorely missed by all of us fans :sleepy:

1 Like

When Aradune appeared in-game with his Flaming Avenger you could practically hear the gasps. So cool.

Also, be sure to follow Defend the Night. Another game developed by folks who were heavily inspired by Brad and his work. It’s pretty early in development but already showing great promise.

Great Screenshot!

1 Like

Back in 1999, shortly after EQ was released, my human paladin was in Butcher Block. Something must have been announced in shout or ooc that I missed but there was a large crowd of players gathering in the area I just happened to be in. My knowledge of EQ at the time was nothing more than a recomendation and me picking this box up at CompUSA. So the crowd is gathering and gaining in size there’s chat of “He’s comming” or “He’s on the way”. So imagine my … confused jealousy (I’m a Paladin all of level what … 11?) … when some wood elf appears wearing Plate Armour weilding Soul Fire. I was pissed off that this hacker was parading out in the open with all these players condoning his hacking.

Well, I couldn’t do much but I did what I could. I reported him.

2 Likes