Microsoft has bought Activision-Blizzard

Woke up this morning and Win11 decided I needed MS Teams to be running and put it in my startup. Um, no. WTF?

Seems as though it was included in my updates yesterday too.

weā€™re doomedā€¦

:rofl:

1 Like

This just popped up in my new feed this morning from Tomā€™s Hardware. Check it out if you are using this version of Windows.

Tested: Windows 11 Proā€™s On-By-Default Encryption Slows SSDs Up to 45%

Most agree. W11 may be my last PC OS.

Whatā€™s there to like about W11?

I donā€™t like having to click more to do things that used to take less clicks, donā€™t like having Edge browser forced down my throat, donā€™t like having to do reg edits for standard functionality QOL featuresā€¦Overall it is just a less friendly version of W10. And entirely annoying that WIn10 push notifications to upgrade canā€™t be stopped. Any new computer is going to come with W11 but I certainly wonā€™t be upgrading any existing WIn10 system at least until security updates stop in 2025.

This article sums it up pretty well. And not much has changed since it was published.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/this-is-why-so-many-people-hate-windows-11/ar-AA14lhAP

If this is what they do to WoW, have mercy on your souls.

Edge is forced on you in Windows 10 too and if you uninstall it or even parts of it it will blue screen your system and reinstall itself on startup

There are a couple things that annoy me but are fixable, otherwise Win11 is fine. Iā€™m more interested in performance anyway and it seems good to me (launches/shuts down faster, apps boot faster, etc.). I donā€™t miss the tiles in the Start menu lol

Yeaā€¦I noticed this too, so I asked my technician how to handle this. He suggested I just leave it alone and install my preferred browser anyway, especially since my security setup uses a VPN, which works great. But I removed that pesky Edge off my menu bar and it never shows up.

However, I do have two different browsers I can use instead and both work just fine. One: my security VPN for banking and other sensitive activities, and Two: for general research browsing when Iā€™m using Chrome.

this is incorrect. I donā€™t have edge. Some updates may reinstall it though. and its a complete bitch to uninstall.