I have a bone to pick w/Blizzard re: covenants

2 years Lyn, we have 2 years to do this…

Don’t feel behind, feel intrigued…hmmmm what do i want to figure out today?

The only 2 things i would say you need to worry about in any given week is your 2 weekly covenant quests for Renown, that is how the story will progress (not the daily Callings…those are just fluff)

Everything else is just another path you can take when you want something different

1 Like

Actually, I can afford a yard man but only twice a month. We stretch it out sometimes to three weeks in between, but even in fall it can be a PITA because of the leaves that need to be cleaned up. I usually have him just mulch them and leave them on the lawn. Actually works pretty well since our lawn seems to have improved doing this.

But I cannot afford a cleaner for the house AND the lawn care. Unfortunately, with covid even trying for a helper to clean is not going to happen. But its even worse with my son working from home now…even without covid, we can’t have the interruption with all the noise that involves. So I have to wait until the weekend to do any cleaning that requires the use of the vacuum. I usually can do the quiet stuff each day and on occasion, if I close a bedroom door I can actually vacuum, but our house is not spread out in such a manner that I can make much noise while he is working.

So I have to schedule much of my cleaning early in the morning on the weekends because by late afternoon I’m pooped and don’t have the energy. I used to do a room a day early in the mornings when he left for work which allowed me to get much more accomplished without tiring myself out.

I’m late to the game but I wanted to share my 3 week experience so far. I like M+ and the internet told me that Night Fae is the best choice for AoE for Frost mage. The internet also said that Venthyr is the best single-target for Frost.

I don’t care for vampires or Hot Topic but I liked how the Venthyr are trying to redeem the souls by having them face their problems. This speaks to me professionally and personally. (The whole anima thing is very Carl Jung too by the way. Really I’m seeing a lot of pop psych stuff in SL.)

I really liked how Mirror of Torment gives Frost mages Brain Freeze 3x. Sometimes we’re just spamming Frostbolt with RNG we keep rolling snake eyes. So I went with Venthyr.

I geared up and got into mythic dungeons the first week and watch a Night Fae Frost mage just kick my butt. It was like I was one-legged. I pulled slightly ahead of her on bosses but whatever.

Legendaries!!!

Craft the Legendary that suits your area of play or playstyle. Once I crafted my BiS mythic+/AoE legendary… holy crap!! My damage is amazing in dungeon pulls and most dungeon bosses have adds and cleave so my legendary works amazing on most dungeon bosses.

I also crafted my BiS single-target legendary for raiding. That thing is ridiculous too.

Conduits!!

These will also fill the gaps. There are soo many it’s overwhelming and it seems like a crap shoot on getting them. Even if you slam the same dungeon boss over and over because the Dungeon Journal tells you he drops it… it looks like they’re very rare. But look at them and pick the ones that suit you. My Finesse ones, for example, are dealer’s choice; there is not much opinion on which one is BEST. I do have 2 clear best Potency ones however.

Lastly Theorycraft is a mixed bag. Raidbots and SimulationCraft by definition run a simulation of Patchwerk… a boss way back in the first tier of WotLK. We haven’t had something that boring since WotLK. This measuring stick is the best/only thing we got and it does give us objective information to work with so use it. But I would argue that improving your personal weaknesses through all of these choices is going to raise your bar higher than picking the FotM build.

TL:DR Are you worried/concerned about picking the ‘Wrong Covenant’? What to do? Well, how do you feel about changing your race/class because its not ‘the Best’

Simulationcraft (raidbots) is more often then not used properly. What simcraft is NOT is a way to compare DPS between classes. It was never designed to do that, it was not even designed to compare DPS between specs. The purpose and design of simcraft is to compare the impact of changing a piece of gear or a talent in a controlled environment and showing the results.

raidbots really brought simcraft to the general public but at the same time exacerbated the problem of comparing classes as well as giving people data based on settings they do not understand. For example most of the raidbots users do not understand that Patchwork being the default option is simulating your character around a situation that no longer exists.

For anyone using raidbots. I recommend at a minimum changing the fight style based on what you care most about HeaveMovement for raids and DungeonSlice for dungeons. There are a world of possibilities for anyone who really want to experiment with it though using the advanced features.

For example if you want to sim a fight where adds spawn you could do this. This will simulate 5 adds spawning and lasting 10 seconds every minute. The first set of adds will spawn after 30 seconds.

raid_events+=/adds,count=5,first=30,duration=10,cooldown=60

A lot more detail can be found at RaidEvents · simulationcraft/simc Wiki · GitHub

1 Like