Games and Their Impact on You

Same and then there is also Mountains - Messages to Bears when Max and Chloe find something in the junkyard. That one has begun to hurt more.

I watch all seasons of True Blood so I may be prepared for it! :slight_smile

I’d like a link too, please!

1 Like

Sorry to Necro an old thread but curious if anyone checked out the LIS games.

@LonoXIII - I got the book (like a yearbook for Arcadia Bay and Blackwell) for Christmas and its so wonderful.

Are you reading the graphic novel?

1 Like

I haven’t gotten the chance to play it myself, but I’ve watched it played by some streamer friends.

Life is Strange hit me square in the Feels. It captures a lot of the absolute pain and frustration and despair of living in a small, poor, and/or isolated community. On top of that, some of the things that go into that game really, really got at me. I highly recommend it.

2 Likes

Sadly, no… I haven’t been to our comic store in months, mostly because I need to find my collection and figure out where I left of.

I’ll probably try and swing by there soon, just to pick up the LiS books!

1 Like

Also, I hadn’t realized that LiS 2 ep2 had dropped!

Guess I know what I’ll be playing this weekend.

1 Like

I have been getting it through Comixology and Amazon so its electronic but its like 4 bucks an issue. Final issue drops Feb. 27th.

Issue 1 is good.
Issue 2 is good but also very intriguing.
Issue 3 is LIS game caliber material. And has one hell of a cameo.

1 Like

I have not. Still haven’t managed to play the first game. I mostly keep playing Rimworld and Minecraft. <_< I never seem to get around to it.

…also wow, just realized I’m 8 days late replying to this. Sorry!

1 Like

Hi all,

So I wanted to share that part of my in activity in games lately has been to finish a Life is Strange fan-fic. Its my first one and checks in at 27, 098 words. I highly recommend you play the games before you read it. I am proud of it. I have never done anything like it or written fiction before. I wanted to share it with all of you:

Warning:Spoilers for Life is Strange and Before the Storm

https://archiveofourown.org/works/18539296

Here is my launch trailer for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42YVoNIgD5I

I hope you enjoy it! Any and all feedback is appreciated.

1 Like

Holy crap, that’s awesome! Way to go! I still haven’t gotten around to Life is Strange for myself… I know it’s emotionally taxing, and I’ve been having a rough go of things lately, so it’s too much to take on. I do very much want to play it at some point, though.

Really proud of you!

1 Like

Dang… never played or really even heard about the games. Not sure I could play them but your story is amazing. I liked it maybe a little to much as I couldn’t put it down while at work today.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments! I appreciate the kind words! I am working on the outline of a sequel as well.

If you have never played them, they are awesome especially if you like character driven stories.

1 Like