Crusader Ares Starfighter

I don’t know. We will have to see how this pans out. You need to hit the engines, then the cargo pods. No matter what gets used or how the tech is employed, it will take a certain amount of time. This would be an “On the clock.” technique. We don’t know the empires reaction time, or the reaction time of any friends in the area.

My 2c
Looking at our guess is crazy, CR has final say, and he will balance it

So do I ‘think’ 6 players should wipe out a cap? To me that’s not enough, so CR will likely make it not enough

Maybe 6 shooting, from range, for 10 mins could do it… but that’s not how it will pan out.

I think they will be useful against cap only in a clever well planned team org
They will be crazy good however, at cutlass, connie… all those small multi crew ships… they will have a rough ride

Those four words “well planned” “Team” and “ORG” are mutually exclusive when it comes to our guild, you realize right? LOL

1 Like

Very loosely translated, those 4 words in the same sentence in Old Fogey means: “Herding Cats”!!! You better have enough harnesses and Leashes for everyone.

Mith

QA confirms, it is meant to be part of a fleet, a solid addition to a cap ship assault team. It is NOT meant to solo a cap ship. But we kinda expected that.

The tactic Mac mentions just wont work in this universe. Knowing where to jump to is a big part of it. You need a marker of some sort, a beacon, something. So it you pull any number of ships out of QT (and any HULL E going solo is an idiot, as mentioned previously) and IFF you are able to knock out even just its engines, then you and your pirate team jump away know it will be a long time before it can move. Then what? There is no way back to that exact location without having a beacon. Sure, you might get lucky and they throw out a beacon for help and you answer it…but that wont work more than once or twice before your rep is ruined and you no longer meet the minimum required rep to take the beacon.

The tactic works in other games because they let it work. That particular tactic is not going to work in SC. Piracy will be hard, because the pay off will be large. The cost will be in reputation because you are short cutting time for money. It is a trade off. Either you spend the time to earn rep and make money at a slower rate, or you make money faster at the cost of reputation. And that is going to be a BIG cost IMO. But then, being a pirate has 0 appeal to me.