Time for a new graphics card?

Keep in mind that if you upgrade to a newer video card, make sure you have the POWER for the card, some of the newer cards require 500 Watt power supply or better.

• Check the length of the card and make sure it fits inside the case.
  • Make sure you have the power supply connector for the card.
  • Check to make sure your MotherBoard supports the PCI socket.
  • Make sure you upgrade the BIOS (I had to do this for my sons card to work in his system)

I prefer to build my own systems and transfer decent part from the old system into the new. My current video card (GTX970) is older than the rest of my computer - and it was in a 6 year old system. My opinion is to buy a card that will be relevant for a longer period of time. As mentioned by DaManx, you need to make sure your power supply can handle the new card.
I believe it’s 400W with 6 pin PCIE connector for a 1060 and 500W with a 8 pin PCIE connector for the 2060, but you need to check with the manufacturer specs.

I am with most every one here , sounds like you have got plenty of use out of it . I would upgrade esp since everything is nice a clean would be a great time to upgrade.

Few months back I bought a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR, 6GB GDDR5, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan) for $240 shipped w a copy of Destiny 2 I still haven’t tried yet. I too was comming from a video card of a “few years” … a GTX 970 iirc. Loved it. No complaints here. Skyrim SE , Fallout 4, No Man’s Sky, Borderlands 2, Grim Dawn , BattleTech … mostly old games but no conflicts or problems.

Used to get the “latest and greatest” every year to two years but why really? Like I said most my games are old games with only Pantheon on my horizon in the future. Still , this did at least double my frame rates moving me into a much smoother experience especially with Fallout 4 in down town areas and No Man’s Sky.

Yeah, I have no regrets about my 1060. So far, anyway. :slight_smile:

I’m long past my DIY days. I never enjoyed it. So I won’t be dragging my 1060 to a shiny new box later, anyway. It’ll do to tide me over, and I am simply not that fussy.

Enjoy that 1060! :slight_smile:

Glad that was the only issue.