[CLOSED] Strength of Thousands, Thursday nights 7:30-10:30 PM eastern time zone

That wonderful moment when you get home and realize it’s Wednesday not Thursday.

:weary:

Looks like I may a little late. We’re out with the family at an amusement park. Depending on traffic it shouldn’t be too late though.

I’ve somehow lost our server in my discord. Could someone send me an invite please? I’m looking for the info on the website but I’ll be damned if I can find it.

Just a heads up, I’m probably not going to be there tomorrow night. My step-sister in-law passed away last night and visitation is Thursday night. I have discovered that asking to postpone a funeral for game night is “inappropriate” . Knowing is half the battle.

Sorry for your loss.

I am on call so may be a little late

That sucks sorry for your loss.

I may be a little late myself tonight.

Guys I’m going to have to bail. I’m just getting home and feel like crap. I’m going to head straight to bed.

Enjoy the night sorry for the late notice.

With at least 2 out, we will postpone the game this week. See you all on the 6th.

We are playing this week right?

It’s quarter til and nobody is here but me… I’m worried… is it actually Thursday?

Note to self: don’t forget to identify Superb Wand

I didnt know if we wanted to start talking Mutants and Masterminds here or in another thread, but I’m going to make what is basically a Brick character. Big , strong, tough and hits things. My flavor/fluff stuff will come later. Still trying to figure some things out.

@Wraith Did you want us to be PL 10? I thought you mentioned that number and that is “normal” according to the book. So that’s what I’ve been looking at.

Yarbo was born to a pack of werewolves in South America. As a pup he was happy and content to learn the ways of the hunt from his parents. He was told repeatedly that he had the potential to be the strongest member of the pack and many believed that he would one day become the Alpha. But Yarbo did not have any aspirations to lead. He only wanted to make his parents proud and keep his pack healthy and well fed.

Upon reaching what served for the age of majority in the pack Yarbo was quickly challenged in an effort to keep him repressed to a lower rank among the pack. His first day that he was considered an adult he was forced to fight one of his kin to the death. Yarbo knew he could not show fear. That would shame not only his parents, but the pack as a whole… he then realized that he was not afraid at all. It perplexed him. He thought that surely when faced with this challenge by a larger more experienced pack member that he would naturally fear the possibility of death, but he didn’t. Before he had time to think about what this lack of fear could mean he was fighting for his life. He went on the defensive at first, trying to gauge the reach, speed and strength of his foe. After dodging a series of swipes from claws Yarbo threw out a quick swipe of his own as a riposte. His claws made contact with the arm of adversary, who bellowed in pain. Yarbo was shocked. It was a very light scratch at best that he had landed and one that should have healed in moments. But the other werewolf stood there looking at his arm, watching the blood pour out of it. The skin refused to heal to stop the bleeding. Yarbo glanced down at his claws and saw not the dark brownish black that he was used to, but rather blood stained pure silver. A rage boiled up in him. He knew what he was. He was ancient prophecy fulfilled. He was the story that parents told their pups at night to keep them afraid to wander out at night. “The Kinslayer will get you if you run off from the pack.” The Kinslayer, with his claws of silver, was foretold to appear one day and be the doom of all werewolves. Always he was described as a hideous creature. The Kinslayer was a warped and diseased parody of a true werewolf. Yarbo barely had time to process what he was seeing before other pack members noticed his silver claws. Several howled or growled curses at him, other simply attacked. His parents were two of the first to pounce on him. Their eyes showing nothing but rage at the fact that their son would be the Kinslayer. Yarbo fought only to survive at first. But as more and more of his pack fell to his silver claws he felt more and more that he was fulfilling a purpose. Before the Alpha fell before him, Yarbo was set in his purpose. All werewolves must be eradicated from the Earth. None will live but him. The packs of the world would tremble at the coming of Yarbo.

After many years of hunting down as many werewolves as he could find Yarbo finally settled in America. His sense of making things right in the world had begun to change slightly over the last century. There weren’t that many packs left, and most that were knew better than to let him know of their existence. So he turned his efforts to finally cleansing the name of werewolves across the globe. He would become a hero and show people that just because he looked like a werewolf that he was not to be feared… unless you were an evildoer. Once he was the last werewolf on the planet and the people of the world saw his good works he could finally change the stigma that his race had earned. Maybe then he could start a new narrative where all werewolves in the future would be treated equally. Not as monsters.

damn I was gonna go Hulk.

is it possible to make Magneto?

Hey guys. I’m out this Thursday unfortunately. I have to work late.

I’ve set up an M&M group in discord for any real time discussion we might have and to have a readily available pin board while in-game. Ugly, I sent you a friend request in discord so that I can add you to the group.

I will post all information for the upcoming campaign to that group.

Also, unlike D&D it’s best if characters are built with plenty of engagement between the GM and the player and even between players. To that end, I’d like to get some basic concepts from folks even if it’s early and subject to change. I can help you build it and the group can coordinate builds better. The system is somewhat complicated and there are build concerns that can’t be covered simply by following the book rules, so there won’t be much I can do to help with a character presented close to the start date.

I am back on for Thursday night!

I volunteered to work a special event Saturday to avoid the special event Thursday night… and it worked!

2 Likes

Quantum%20Cat%202
this is scaled to 200 pixels. Resize as needed

Quantum Cat Complications:
Responsibility - The destruction caused when she was created has made her adamant that her powers must be used for good as reparation for this.

Secret Identity - Scientist Catherine Schrodinger. Does not want those around her to suffer retaliation for her hero activities.

I know we haven’t discussed anything yet but Oct 11th is out for me. My mother is coming to visit and I would like to maximize my time with her if possible.

I will be out this week, maybe I’ll make up for it with comic con pics of the critical role crew