We added a number of benefits for all members of a faction that controls a territory as well as some additional rewards for the controlling company.
Any two settlements controlled by the same faction will have their settlement storages linked. Players can transfer items from a storage linked to their current location for a coin fee.
Added a resource cart to each town that provides members of the controlling faction with small amounts of ore, hide, wood, fibers, food, or oil as well as small amounts of refining reagents such as tannin or sand paper.
When territory taxes are delinquent, all company and faction bonuses are disabled.
The existing benefits for settlement control still apply as well. They are:
Faction Bonuses: 10% increased gathering volume in controlled territory, +50 Luck in controlled territory
Company Bonuses: 70% fast travel discount to controlled territory, 30% reduced taxes in controlled territory, 20% reduced house purchase cost in controlled territory
To incentivize PvP action and make the influence race more interesting, we’ve added the ability to fight over forts in a territory outside of Wars.
- Capturable points have been placed in all territory forts. Players can capture these points by having more members of their faction inside of the point than other factions. Forts that have been captured will remain captured until a different Faction either claims the fort themselves or wins a War for the territory.
- Players will need to be flagged for PvP to enter any claimed fort.
- Control Points will be activated 60 minutes after a War or Invasion is completed. The Control Point is deactivated once a War or Invasion is declared.
- Controlling a fort provides a 5% increase to experience gain and 20% increase to influence within that territory for faction members.
- Each fort has a unique global buff that is provided to the controlling faction:
- First Light: Reduces fast travel weight costs from 5 azoth per 10 weight down to 1 azoth per 10 weight for controlling faction.
- Monarchs Bluff: Reduces fast travel distance costs from 5 azoth per 100 meters down to 1 azoth per 100 meters for controlling faction.
- Windsward: Increases volume of items gained when gathering by 5% for controlling faction.
- Everfall: Reduces trading taxes by 5% for controlling faction.
- Brightwood: Reduces housing taxes by 5% for controlling faction.
- Cutlass Keys: Reduces base Azoth cost of fast travel by 50% for controlling faction.
- Weavers Fen: Increases coin, experience, territory standing and faction token rewards from Faction Missions by 5% for controlling faction.
- Restless Shore: Increases coins, experience, and faction token rewards from Corrupted Breaches by 5% for the controlling faction.
- Mourningdale: Increases coin and experience rewards from Expeditions by 5% for controlling faction.
- Ebonscale Reach: Reduces refining taxes by 5% for controlling faction.
- Reekwater: Reduces crafting taxes by 5% for controlling faction.
Source: Ice Bound | New World