Stopping the gear creep till BFA

Is it just me or is anyone else going to stop the gear hunt till BFA comes out. I just feel that i’m at the point where I’m good enough and will use the time between now and BFA to do other tasks like finally unlocking draenor flying and trying to make some money.

The gear push over years of WoW loses its charm. Hours and hours waiting on a drop for a marginal improvement that immediately is outpaced by the first green quest award in the next expansion is what makes me lose interest. I pushed it a bit last expansion as my son and I were doing some progression raiding. But yeah, if you are feeling like you are wasting your time on it and not having much fun to where it feels like a grind, it is time to switch it up.

Right now my son and I are running up a pair of toons. He is going to do a DK tank, which he thinks will be the least likely to get the nerfbat, and the most likely to self heal and pull off the save the raid bit of tanking he loves. I am going to do a Paladin healer/DPS. The two should mix well for Mythic+ and provide a core backbone to put anything together. For me the present push is getting to 55 when we will group, and he is spending his time doing all of the grind stuff for skins and flight etc.

1 Like

yeah thats kind of where i’m at. I don’t mind the gear push but when I know in a month or so it will be all gone, it kind of makes me think my time now is better spend with other stuff like skins, achievements, etc

I’m leveling a couple characters, but I doubt I’ll get far even on the weapons quests for either of them.

1 Like

My main goal is to try out the content that released after I left last before the expansion drops. Should be in that pretty fast. Dinged 40 last night. I did this in the Hinterlands too. Love how they let zones have a larger level range, as I was able to get loremaster for the zone and not be running gray quests. Am finding I missed a lot of Cataclysm content. Such as that tunnel they opened up from Arathi Highlands to the Hinterlands. Used to have to go to Southshore and go past the 2 gryphons to get in there. Son said that tunnel used to be open-able via a long quest series that nobody really did because the flight points opened.

1 Like

You should be able to hit max level and get some content in Legion long before the xpac drops.

Yeah the Hillsbrad gryphons…good times. If you waited, you could sometimes sneak through them when they were apart. I always got chased though.

1 Like

Blood DK’s are sweet! I love mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to know. We decided to do the Ned Flanders thing. His DK is named Okily, and my Paladin is named Dokily.

He seemed concerned about the lower mobility on DK, but he thinks the yank move they get will compensate. He was torn between DK and DH for tanking, and went DK because rather than high mobility and moving around to go after ranged, he would rather clump it into a pile on him.

I picked Paladin to pair with him because of the strong single target heals. He is really an outstanding progression skill level tank, and I have full confidence in his ability to get everything on him, so having strong single target heals and being able to stack on him to help concentrate things pushed me towards Pally.

We figure with tanks and heals squared away, we can just fill with DPS and do whatever we want.

1 Like

Don’t forget to work on the Insane in the Membrane title. :wink: It’s my mission.

I’m also going to focus on some of the lore quest chains that I’ve yet to do, mostly in BC and Wrath. Then, on some of my professions. Still, not enough time to do all that I want to do. Never has been, never will be.

Happy Memorial Day weekend. It’s going to be 100 degrees here tomorrow. Bleh.

1 Like

@Mid I’m working on that too, but over on my Horde char. She was the most progressed, and my main for 4-5 years so makes sense to work on it on her. :slight_smile: 2 reps left. Ravenholdt and Darkmoon (no clue why she never got that one before).

1 Like