Polar Vortex is crushing us this winter

To all my guildies who are affected by this weather, please stay safe and warm.

1 Like

All I can say is, you’re experiencing what we ger as a normal winter here in the frosty North. :slight_smile:

Yeah, but y’all get lots of practice! :smiley: Down here (Central Texas) no one has chains (unless they moved from the frosty North), so we’re all stranded at home. And pretty much only hunters & snowskiers have proper cold-weather clothing. And Covid took away our Snow Days, since we’ve learned to work from home, so we don’t even have THAT going for us. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hey, I found out today that I’ll be working from home until at least December 2021. As will a minimum of 70% of my co-workers.

Update: 2022-01-03… We’re going to be working from home (mandated for all essential service Government Employees) until at least 2022-03-31 (end of March, 2022). With the way things are going, they may have us working from home for the foreseeable future, except maybe for 1 day a week.

Back in the middle of December (before I went on vacation), on my last day in the office, we had a total of 10% occupancy. We’re a small office, so that’s a total of 4 people – one from Communications, one from Aboriginal Affairs, and two (including me) from Records.

1 Like

Where bouts do you live Chantillary? I’m up north also - Tok Alaska

Ok, You’re north of me, by a great deal.

I live only a few kilometres north of Munkinmama, and we’re both in the city of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.