Movie | TV | Game quotes

Post your favourite quotes here!

…And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, “O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy.” And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu… [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to “skip a bit, brother”]… And the LORD spake, saying, “First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.” – Monty Python and the Holy Grail

CATHY: Excuse me, Mrs Blaine? My name’s Cathy Salt, I represent the Cardiff Gazette.

MARGARET: I’m sorry, I’m not doing interviews. I can’t bear self publicity.

CATHY: But are you aware of the curse?

MARGARET: Whatever do you mean? Cathy, wasn’t it?

CATHY: Cathy Salt. That’s what some of your engineers are saying, that the Blaidd Drwg Project is cursed.

MARGARET: Sounds rather silly to me.

CATHY: That’s what I thought. I was just chasing a bit of local colour. But the funny thing is, when you start piecing it all together, it does begin to look a bit odd.

MARGARET: In what way?

CATHY: The deaths, The number of deaths associated with this project. First of all, there was the entire team of the European Safety Inspectors.

MARGARET: But they were French! Its not my fault if Danger Explosives was only written in Welsh.

CATHY: And then there was that accident with the Cardiff Heritage Committee.

MARGARET: The electrocution of that swimming pool was put down to natural wear and tear.

CATHY: And then the architect?

MARGARET: It was raining, visibility was low. my car simply couldn’t stop.

CATHY: And then just recently, Mister Cleaver, the government’s nuclear adviser.

MARGARET: Slipped on an icy patch.

CATHY: He was decapitated.

MARGARET: It was a very icy patch.
– Doctor Who S27 E11 “Boom Town”

1 Like