LFR and the cloak

I just happened upon a thread in Bliz’s forums about folks needing to have the legendary cloak to do LFR… it certainly was an interesting mixture of “yeas” and “nays” with a few “omgs” thrown into the mix.

Here is the posting from Bliz: (you can also read the entire hotfix notes here).

March 11, 2020

Dungeons and Raids

• Ny’alotha, the Waking City
    • Characters are now required to have Ashjra’kamas, Shroud of Resolve to queue for Raid Finder Wing 4, “The Waking Dream”.
      • Developers’ note: Due to the mechanics of both Wing 4’s boss fights, players who do not have the legendary cloak equipped are immediately mind controlled, burdening other players in their raid by not contributing to the kill. By enforcing this new restriction, Raid Finder groups will be set up for success and have a much higher chance of completing “The Waking Dream”.

Not sure how this will shake out, but I suspect there will be a lot of posts about it. Here is the forum thread for this subject.

Can you imagine people purposefully removing the cloak, just for the lolz. :roll_eyes:

Yes I can. But from what someone said in chat yesterday before raid time, Bliz has made it so that if you don’t have the cloak, you can’t even enter LFR.

…lol