It’s almost ready!

5 hours left to go for my cold brew coffee.

1 Like

Yum!

Wait, lemme math a sec…5 hours from an hour ago…10pm+5=3am Central. 4 Eastern. I hope you live out in the Atlantic somewhere, otherwise that’s too early! :stuck_out_tongue:

I sleep durning the day…lol

It is done though I only got 10 of the expected 12 cups out of it.

I take it with ice cubes a bit of vanilla extract and a splash of International Delights Hazelnut creamer. :slight_smile:

1 Like

TNT makes that here all the time. I do mine with a splash of cinnamon vanilla creamer, toss it in an insulated travel mug, and drink it in the afternoon for a wake-me-up.

Good stuff!

We’ve been making it here for years… we use all the leftover coffee that the cottage guests leave behind, mixed all together… or, cheap Walmart coffee. We brew it at room temp on the counter, however. Give it a shake every now and then for 24 or so hours. Dilute it down to whatever strength we’re in the mood for and nuke it to the desired drinking temp. We’re not iced coffee fans here…

it is really strong I had to dilute my second cup with water. I think I did a miscalculation some where…lol Still taste better then hot brewed coffee…lol

Edit: or maby its the finer grind. I’ll be trying fresh course ground when I run out of tim hortons coffee.

1 Like

A fine grind makes cold brew bitter more easily. In my experience, a coarser grind is better for that.

Also, yes, cold brew is often cut with water or other adulterants, as it is often so strong. :grin:

I raise a glass of my cold brew to you sir. Mine was made from Cafe du Monde coffee, so it’s got a chicory slant to its flavor. Splash of half and half over the top was all it needed.

2 Likes

I love cold brew coffee! Sometimes I heat it, and sometimes I drink it cold, but either way I mix it half and half with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, add a mix of Torani sugar-free syrups (currently hazelnut, salted caramel and cinnamon vanilla), and also add a scant 1/2 cup of my own dry creamer mix. Drinking some now. :coffee:

1 Like

I vote we change “Old Timers Guild” to “Other Adulterants.”

All in favor?

3 Likes

Not a fan of cold coffee…buuuuut, coffee ice cream is wonderful. Now I cannot understand why I like the ice cream and not the cold coffee. I’ve tried over the years on many occasions to do cold coffee in various configurations only to put it into a ceramic mug and nuke it to my preferred hot style.

However, coffee ice cream doesn’t last long enough to get room temperature with me and my spoon. yummmm

1 Like

use vanilla ice creme instead of creamer like a root beer float except with coffee. Sounds good in my head at least…lol

1 Like

I have tried off and on to perfect a cold brew version of an Irish Coffee. I’m close, but not there yet. :wink:

1 Like

what goes into making Irish coffee? There is an Irish coffee flavoured creamer from International Delights but its nothing to write home about.

I googled this and found the following:

Ingredients
1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 jigger Irish whiskey (1 1/2 ounces or 3 tablespoons)
Heavy cream, slightly whipped

Fill footed mug or a mug with hot water to preheat it, then empty. Pour piping hot coffee into warmed glass until it is about 3/4 full. Add the brown sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Blend in Irish whiskey. Top with a collar of the whipped heavy cream by pouring gently over back of spoon. Serve hot.

Original Irish Coffee

1 Like