Isekai anyone?

Was just wondering if there are any other isekai fans out there? Some critics complain that there is getting to be too much of it these days, but if done well, I can’t get enough! A few of my favorites:
Gate
Log Horizon
Slime (you know which one)
Shield Hero
Overlord
Konosuba (Yes!)
Tanya the Evil
Sword Art Online

…that’s enough for now I suppose. How about you? And out of curiosity, anyone read light novels?

Yep, I got sucked into this genre about 5 years ago.

Some other good ones:
I Said Make My Abilities Average!
Grace of the Gods (first anime episode just released this week on Funimation)
Wise Man’s Grandchild
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord
Demon Lord Retry
Rising of the Shield Hero
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest
Bofuri: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, So I’ll Max Out My Defense
Knights & Magic
In Another World with my Smartphone

I know there is tons more, but cannot think of them at the moment…It’s become a big genre :smile:

That’s funny. In the last week I watched Arifureta and Demon Lord Retry for the first time. I tend to watch my favorites over and over and add new ones slowly. I think I’ve seen most of the other ones except Grace of the Gods.
I like some of the reverse isekai too…there was one where a devil comes to our world and ends up working in a convenience store…
Grimgar (I liked the slow pace but there was so much whining in this one it bugged me)
No game No life
Utawarerumono
Kakuriyo
Re:Zero

list goes on…:smiley:

Yup! Got dragged into SAO and it’s one of my all time favorites! Who wouldn’t want to walk Tamriel or wield the Force sans controller?

I had a problem with the first half of Alicization because it seemed so slow. The second half, however, made up for all that :slight_smile:

Seems you have listed most of my favorites. Tanya the Evil is my favorite Anime. I also like the LN a lot are not Anime yet. Overlord is my second favorite. Galkd to see I am not the only old fart to like this stuff.

That’s kind of funny since I re-watched Tanya about a week ago! Yeah, there is no age limit for the Otaku life!