Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden (Group B) Saturday Nights *CLOSED*

Can i still get in the Saturday game. Never made a 5.0 character either a Rogue, or a Healer.

1 Like

Healer was the first class I played, and helped ease me into the game. If you have played other games, the spell system is pretty funky. Basically you can cast X spells of each level, per usual. However, if you can cast 4 level 1 spells and 2 level 2 spells, you memorize a list of X spells, but you dont need to say 1 of this spell and another of this spell. You can cast any of them you want up to the limit. You can often cast level 1 spells as level 2 spells as well. For instance cure wounds gets more powerful. It is pretty easy once you get used to it. :slight_smile:

Yeah we still got room, Ryukan will have to update the top post.

We should do a full group of healers muahahaha combat will take 3 days to finish but no one will die (permanently).

I can join for Saturdays. Consider me the first to bump if someone else wants in.

After talking with my Lady she says Saturday nights are her card night so i have to decline Saturdays but she said i won’t have any issues playing Thursdays so i guess i will switch to that one if still available.

@lalanehla there is indeed a spot in the Thursday group so I will add you in there and just make sure to post in the Thursday thread.

@Jendai Welcome to the Frozen North. Beware the Frostmaiden lest you end up in a cold grave in the icy wastelands…

As Schplam may have eluded to i have already started theory crafting, Jendai, any roles you feel particularly gravitation toward, or against? Given what you posted in the original thread, my guess is a mute barbarian with an int and wis low enough to keep you in character from not offering accidental foresight. :smiley: But there are a lot more creative ways to handle that.

Drunken Monk?

Way of the Drunken Master in Xanathars.

Or dumb barbarian works too if needed for party balance.

I am looking at an Uthgart barbarian druid of the Black Wolf tribe

BlackWolf’s Character Sheet - D&D Beyond (dndbeyond.com)

@Jendai Way of the Drunken Master is certainly allowed.

Nah, I’m not concerned with balance, at least not as a party member. Player enjoyment is worth more than balance.

Drunken monk is fun, for the 1 shot I mentioned above one of the characters I made is a pixie drunken monk and I gave it a decanter of endless nectar wine as one of its magic items.

Its still 10 days out, and we need to see if Mith or someone else joins us, but party makeup so far is:
Findywen (something with pointy ears)
Schplam (Instead of the rogue (if someone else has thieves tools, I can play a mage if we need to know stuff, or a sorc if we just need things that go boom)
knightemplar Druid with a mean temper
Jendai monk with balance issues (or is it an act?!?)

While I agree with Findy that fun should be key, this is a campaign, so we should try to cover some of the basics. For instance, would the dexy monk be willing to take thieves tools? Anyway, we can chat session zero for the small stuff :slight_smile:

Actually we could possibly have the thieving bit covered. One of the concepts I have been toying with is an artificier tank. The artificier gets thieves tools, amongst other things. Wouldn’t be a good scout, but can disarm etc.

But, that is just one of several options.

That sounds pretty cool. I have not played much with 5e character building, so I don’t even know what that class is, lol. If that is what you are playing, they it sounds as if I should play an arcane class. I don’t know if we will have a face need in this campaign, but if I am a sorc I can cover some of that.

like i said its an option - if you ( or anyone else) decides they want to be sneaky and opening things they shouldnt be then by all means.

I do like the rogue, and 5th edition is kinder to them then most systems, when it comes to back stabbing. Also, it seems we will potential have at least a couple of front line folks, which is great for stabby stabby :smiley:

@Findywen @Schplam @knightemplar @Jendai

The following races will be restricted from this game:

Bugbear
Centaur
Fairy
Harengon
Minotaur
Satyr
Yaun-ti
Warforged

Also Eberron stuff is restricted mainly the Artificer class. Artificer is an Eberron specific class and I feel it doesn’t really fit this setting. Artificer will be allowed when I run Spelljammer in the future.

Update because I forgot to add Warforged

back to the drawing board. lol

I had assumed shifters, warforged, and dragon marks were completely off the table due to setting. I had forgotten that artificer was originally an eberron class.