Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden (Group B) Saturday Nights *CLOSED*

Game system: DnD 5e with a bit of homebrew rules

Adventure module: Icewind Dale – Rime of the Frost Maiden

VTTRPG platform: Roll20, all content will be featured in Roll20 and characters will be created in Roll20

Day and Time: Saturdays starting at 8pm est

Run time: 3-4 hours per session

Session zero: Saturday, February 25th, 2023

Game start: Saturday, April 15th, 2023 at 8pm EST

Themes: Endless Dark, cold, survival, exploration, some horror elements

Content allowed: Player’s Handbook, Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything, Xanather’s Guide to Everything, Mordenkainen’s Monsters of the Multiverse

Restricted content: Eberron, Strixhaven, Spelljammer, Ravenloft, certain races from Mordenkainen’s Monsters of the Multiverse are restricted and this will be covered during session zero if it comes up.

Homebrew rules: There will be some changes regarding healing while resting to be discussed during session zero.

Roll20 and Discord server links will be PM’d to everyone once all players are chosen

The Crew: DM Ryuken

The Cast:

1. @Findywen (Leila - Eladrin Paladin)

2. @Schplam (Saro - Half-Elf Warlock)

3. @Mithinar (Malinar - Mountain Dwarf Cleric)

4. @Balbazar (Storm - Harengon Druid)

WELCOME TO THE FAR NORTH

North of the Spine of the World and west of the towering Reghed Glacier is a frigid expanse few dare to explore, let alone inhabit. This icy land of windswept tundra recently became locked in a perpetual, dark winter without reprieve. Auril the Frostmaiden, the divine embodiment of winter’s fury, has withdrawn to this cold corner of the world to live among mortals. Further, she has cast a terrible spell over Icewind Dale, to the detriment of most of its denizens.

Each night before midnight, Auril takes to the sky on the back of a white roc and weaves her spell, which manifests as a shimmering curtain of light—a beautiful aurora that illuminates the night sky and fades before dawn. This powerful magic prevents the next day’s sun from rising above the horizon, turning midday into twilight and trapping Icewind Dale in winter’s dark embrace, with no sunlight or warmth to melt the snow and ice. With each casting of the spell the Frostmaiden channels enough divine power left to barricade the mountain pass with blizzards and churn the Sea of Moving Ice with blistering winds. Such measures discourage travelers from approaching or leaving Icewind Dale, further isolating the region. Icewind Dale has thus been trapped in a different reality from the rest of the world, for though the sun never rises over the dale, it continues to rise everywhere else.

Please refrain from posting spoilers regarding the campaign or discussing the story in this thread as I am running more than one game of this module. Feel free to discuss character ideas.

See you all in the Frozen North!!! Don’t mind the darkness…

first

now ill go back and read it LOL :wink:

1 Like

Victim number one!

Im in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another one for the Frost Maiden’s icy grasp!

I dont have a class, race, or name yet, but i have character art:

She was supposed to be used for another campaign, but it took my daughter a while to draw it for me, I cant let the art go to waste so ill be playing a female elf or elf adjacent character :wink:

2 Likes

That’s cool. :slight_smile: I however, am an artist, so here is what my character will look like, as close as I can get it:

stick

2 Likes

Nice, that gives you a lot more flexibility in race/sex than I have. Though being elf adjacent, and only having a bust of the character, I think Centaur could still be in the picture for me, where you definitely only have 2 legs. LOL

and yeah if I used my own skills instead of borrowing my daughter’s my character would look like your twin, or at least a close relative.

Can I play a cleric of the frost maiden?

No, the Frostmaiden is the the villain here so you can’t exactly be aligned with the villain.

how about a wizard cleric of mystra then?

Ryu,

Through me in as an Alternate. If you don’t have 5 players by session zero, I’ll take a spot. I’m able to sit up a bit longer now. I just might need to take breaks to take pressure off the lower back. So for now being an alternate and letting you try to get 5 completely active players for the game is fine with me before session zero date.

Mith

2 Likes

@knightemplar please do our GM a favor and make it clear you wish to play in the Saturday group, so he can update the lists. :slight_smile: Once he gets the games lined up we, can discuss party makeup and character preferences. Hope to see you in game!

1 Like

A Wizard Cleric of Mystra would be fine, but careful you aren’t spreading yourself too thin mutli-classing Wizard and Cleric. And as mentioned above, please confirm for me that you wish to join the game as I did not see you post any interest in my previous thread.

I do wish to play

Since @Findywen will likely make one of every class/race combo before the game begins, I am sure we will cover every contingency :wink:

@mithinar whether I end up with five players or less there is a spot for you if you would like to play. If I have five people there is still a spot for you if you want I can run it with six and I won’t really have to adjust that much. So there is a spot for you if you wish one way or the other.

1 Like

you have no idea…

ok well maybe a little bit of one. Don’t know if you recall but last year when i ran a 1 shot for my niece, I had created 13 level 7 characters. Had the fun of creating them but didn’t really get to play them, so now if i de-level them a bit I have 13 characters all ready to go. That being said, only 3 or 4 are elf or elf-adjacent as they sit right now.

actually I have alot less prepared going into a zero session than I did last time. I think top of my list right now is a swords bard with a 1 level dip into warlock. But I wont lock anything in until we get everyone to the table, or at least the thread, and see what everyone wants to play, cause i am really flexible in what role i play.

What direction are you looking at @Schplam ? Im predicting a Dwarven melee in some flavor for Mith :smiley:

I already played a healer for a long time, so my initial thoughts are maybe a smarty pants wizard, or perhaps a Rogue, but I am pretty flexible if there is a hole in the group.

Granted! The Frost Maiden eyes you wickedly…