How is COVID19 where you live?

4 Likes

Good thing I installed a couple about 3 years back. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Here is a great article that talks about what Splutty mentioned earlier. Coronavirus chart: School closings and quarantines save lives by ā€œflattening the curveā€ - Vox

Most of us have some pretty powerful comuptersā€¦ Perhaps we can put them to good use!

2 Likes

Schools are closed here in Mississippi. Our governor just returned from a vacation in Spain one day before the country was locked down due to so many cases so most likely he is bringing it home. He said he is going to isolate yet pictures show him with many people signing Emergency orders. I assume he is one of the many that consider the virus a ā€˜hoaxā€™. I have had family members tell me that this is nothing! No worse than common cold. (You canā€™t fix stupid.)
I have home grocery deliver, home meds delivery and amazon and gaming.

6 Likes

Some good info in this thread and some funny posts :slight_smile:

I live about 30 miles from DC here in the US. Most people staying home but still too many going out to breweries and wineries, not understanding the importance to others of them staying apart. Local stores have told their employees they wonā€™t be getting toilet paper for 2 months.

I watched a good video on youtube of an english couple who got Coronavirus while they were on that Princess cruise docked off Japan and got treated and are fine. They go into how they felt and symptoms. I feel it is worth watching, nice positive outcome:

2 Likes

ā€œAnd my axe!!ā€

Awesome, there definitely are great comedians in this group.

What a great video. I really like the couple and that man is hilariousā€¦beautiful British humor even through illness.

But very informative. Too bad we donā€™t get this type of information via public broadcasts here in the US. I think if it were broadcast, a lot of folks would not panic as they have been doing.

Thanks for sharing bluethunder, appreciate it. :grinning:

I especially like the information he provided about breathing exercises. I have been doing some recently because I have seasonal allergies that really cause me breathing problems and those help alleviate them, so I shall continue doing them, as well as increasing the timing of them.

Itā€™s a bit ugly here in Seattle. All restaurants, bars, gyms, fitness clubs, etcā€¦ are ordered closed by the State. Gatherings of more than 50 people are not allowed. Takeout and delivery are still allowed if a restaurant can afford to stay open on just those customers.

Store shelves are a bit bare, not emptyā€¦ except for toilet paper, of course. Absolutely no toilet paper, face masks, or hand sanitizer within a 30 mile radius. Also, my local store has been out of chocolate donuts for over a weekā€¦ not sure why people are hoarding thoseā€¦

But, on the plus side, a new asian supermarket opened right across the street from me, and when I wandered around to check it out today, I was the ONLY non-asian customer. I guess all the panicking people assume asian => Chinese => virus, which is great! More stuff for me and the asian people to buy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here in Idaho we are doing pretty well. We got our first case near Boise. But I live near the Canadian border and Washington state and there was a run on our local stores and all the milk was bought. I need my tea in the morning or I am a right witch. Made a huge supply of homemade hand sanitizer and gave them to friends and family here. Just had another small snow storm over the weekend, so that restricts travel to. Prayers and thoughts to everyone and remember keep washing your hands.

1 Like

I live in MA. It is pretty nuts here right now. All school are closed. Restaurants are closed. Retailer are on limited hours. I am working from home right now because of this. I am lucky in that regard. I have 4 kids under the age of 9 so I worry for them. I am glad they will not be going to school for a few weeks.

Today was day 2 of forced homeschooling. My kids are doing pretty well, and didnā€™t fight me much when it came time to do work. Weā€™ll see how it goes the further along we go.

Working from home isnā€™t bad, Iā€™ve done it before, and I know how to keep busy. They have set up a phone for me to answer the main line from home, which is weird lol! I did get one video chat request come up, but i was still in my jammies so i just turned on audio lol!

Iā€™m in the Seattle area and it doesnā€™t get worse than here in the US.

Stay safeā€¦

Thanks other than taking my wife to the doctor to get sutures removed, and my daughter to get her cast off her leg, which I managed to schedule on the same day, Iā€™m going nowhere, Iā€™m older and in so so health, as well as generally not a fan of people made that decision easy lol.

Already being a bit of a recluse definitely helps in this crisis :smiley:

2 Likes

Damā€¦so much for distancing. I was out getting our garbage can back in when I noticed several families from our neighborhood, just having a get-together at the corner. The kids were all playing together and throwing their balls and running all over the place. The adults on the other hand were basically in a loose huddle chatting.

Normally I would love to see this all the time and get involved, but I stayed away even though I like talking with them. I really did not want to inadvertently say anything or, heaven forbid, catch anything since I am 75 and they are all much younger.

ā€¦sighā€¦ so much for distancing.

1 Like

Stay safe out there folks, I am self-isolating .

I figured I would chime in from Ontario, Canada. My kids are off school for at least 3 weeks. My job shut down indefinitely so I get to hide out with the kids. Almost all retailers have closed here and more are announcing it by the minute. We are trying to keep away from others as best we can since both of my parents are elderly and it would be disastrous if they caught this virus. Just have to ride it out as best we can and tighten down the finances. I hope everyone else is safe and well.