Help with Computer Chair

Hi all,

I am in search of a good low cost gaming chair, under $300 if possible. I sit in the chair 8 to 16 hours a day for either work or gaming. I know that Herman Miller is the best to get but I cannot afford that. I read about the Maingear Chair on our forum but I am not too sure about it. I would appreciate any help. I currently have an old AK Octane which I love!! But the cushion is finally wearing out (loosing it’s support and softness). The hydraulic lift is gone ( I modified it with metal clamps). If I could replace the cushion on my chair would. But I don’t see a way to do that.

Thanks for any hep…

I purchased my son a Maingear chair and he loves it. I picked up the Forma GT for him. He is a fairly good sized guy and he says it fits him comfortably…so much so that he uses it while working at home as well as for his gaming.

I even posted in our forums about this purchase: My son's new gaming chair

It would be a good investment. :grin:

BTW have you tried contacting AK Racing to see if they can provide a replacement cushion and other parts for your current chair? https://www.akracing.com/

1 Like

I am very picky about the chairs I use and I have to second the Maingear Forma GT chair. I have been using it for a while now and I love it.

1 Like

@Thisnthat, how is the sweating on your legs and bottom with the non mesh/cloth seat cushion? I am a bit concerned about sweating and sticking to the seat cushion… I currently have cloth…

Thank you very much your post is what drew me to maingear. I didn’t think of calling or reaching out to AK but now I will.

Again thank you!

The trick is to not buy retail. I have a Herman Miller Aero that I paid $300 used for, and an Ergohuman that was listed for $900 but was on clearance for $300 and not working fully. I got a replacement lift shock and fixed it. Get your gear used or on clearance!

Cars especially, dont buy new…

Interesting, I never thought of buying used especially for a chair…

I havn’t noticed it to be a problem. The last chair I used had a mesh back and I didn’t really notice much of a difference from that.

1 Like

Spend the money and buy a Herman, I know they are expensive but it’s your back and you will thank yourself 10+ years from now. I have back issues from overwork and using crappy chairs and I can’t sit in most chairs more than 30 minutes without being in severe pain and my Aeron is exactly what my back needs. You can sometimes find used ones on Craigslist sometimes.