Grauz Live (thank God) from the Granbury Hospital I.C.U

is that Granberry TZ ?

Granbury, TX

Well since youā€™ve been living this for some time now at least you know what to expect. You have more knowledge this time. Itā€™s hard, not just ā€œnowā€ with the virus, to stay or be happy. I think I gave up on happy over 10 years ago and now settled down into content. hahaha.

Iā€™m content. No forward nor backwards movement on the scale. Served my country, this dumb country boy worked at NASA, got a 97 Firebird that I love in the driveway, three cats who are everything to meā€¦ I just love cats, my firearm collection, and a job I enjoy and derive alot of spiritual satisfaction from. (Kennelā€™s supervisor I work in a Vet. Hospital. Thereā€™s alot of dogs and cats that arrive scared and could use a comforting voice and some pets.)

Just find some of those threads around you and hang unto them.

Keep being you and being strong , Grauz.

2 Likes

Iā€™m blessed with a great wife and we have 5 cats ourselves. :slight_smile:

My career burned me out and all but put me in the grave a few years back (three doctors told me to quit my job before they killed me) I got laid of instead. In 2018 we were forced to sell the house we had built in 2010 and last year I had to give up my truck and bass boat I think that hurt more than the house lol. All this has compounded on my depression over the past few years and lead to the shape Iā€™m in now.
Somehow Iā€™m going to get out of this funk and and get something of my old fun life back. There is all kinds of fishing I want to do now that Iā€™m in Texas!

Well, nothing better than the old boat but a new boat. No cracks in the upholstery, maybe more energy/fuel efficient, choosing a new color. Get yourself one of those Telsa Trucks everyone hates. lol. Hey, itā€™s got bulletproof glass I hear.

I had 4 cats and my best friend Iā€™ve know since 1991, gave me my first job that when I was separating from the USAF and I needed one badly, had me move in with him 10ish years ago. Health, stress, weight ā€¦ anyways he had 4 cats. Few years later I was able to get the job I have now, supervisor at a Vet Hospital for the Kennelā€™s dept. Fostered another cat for ā€¦ ā€œonly 6 monthsā€ for a young engaged couple. Well, Ihave had him since Jan 2013. Then I took an elderly cat off the euthansia table and gave him another 14 months. He was 19. Senile, a little blind, grumpy ā€¦ loved that guy , re-named him ā€œHALOā€, Halo was the best cat Iā€™ve ever had. Loved every moment with him. He, Halo, got a lot healthier too after taking him in. So, yeah at one point we had 10 cats, 2 birds, and this chiuaua puppy that was living out front in our hedge. Now we have 5 cats and the chiuaua.

Cheers my good man - Tom

Thatā€™s scary stuff. Good to hear from you and hope to game with you sometime!

I wish you all the luck on a speedy recovery! We will be watching for an update on how you are doing! :kissing_closed_eyes:

Two week update :slight_smile:
So it has been two week to the day since the heart attack and thing are going well. I found a new primary care Physician that I really like, she is a new Internal Med Doc that finished her residency last year, very smart and upbeat. Iā€™ve got my diet back in check and eating on a schedule again. Glucose level have been dropping every day and are back in the upper range of safe levels. The Wife has been loving this as Iā€™ve been in really good spirits since I got out of the hospital and not moping around all depressed. Still allot of work ahead to continue on my recovery but I feel things are going to be OK.

Thanks all.

1 Like

Awesome update, @Grauz! :slight_smile:

Oh, Grauz. At home in the family room/tv room we have an eliptical bike. When my friend, Danny, has a high reading, to him, say 169 glucose heā€™ll get on the bike. Drops it by 40-50 points at times with a 5 to 10 minuite duration.

Just a fyi

Cheers - Tom

Wow, that fast? Very cool.

Gratz. Iā€™m praying for you. Best wishes for your complete recovery. :smiley:

Thanks Trustee. :slight_smile:

I will continue in prayer for you. There are times when we all need His help.

Whatever else you do, keep safe from the coronavirus, your body doesnā€™t need to be put through that strain as well.

Hope you get back to full health very soon. Good to see OTGā€™s got your back. Holding a mouse in one hand and keeping the other busy on the keyboard while gaming might help to control any snacking cravings :smiley:

Safari

Thanks Safari, OTG is the best community out there for having oneā€™s back. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m still doing well, feeling great, and avoiding Corvid-19. We have ordered a stationary bike so I can work off carbs and get some cardio when the weather prevents us from going for our nightly walk. I managed to mow our yard this week and it turns out that equates to 2.1 miles and just under 5000 steps lol.

2 Likes