[Finished] Friday 5E D&D Scales of War - 8:30 - 11:00 pm Eastern

We’re online and playing at 8pm EST usually, although a few are typically fashionably late. :rofl:

There is a good chance that I may not be on tonight. Have a major upgrade going on at work this weekend and have a lot of preparing to do.

We had two out tonight. Since this is the final battle, we are postponing until next week. I hope everyone can make it on July 24th.

1 Like

Hello all I unfortunately wont be able to make it computer died last Sunday(motherboard says FF no matter what) it lasted 8-9 years so… Tried to see if possible to run on android like with the unity launcher or something but still would need a computer if wanted to do it like with steam link.

I was planning on building a new computer this week but I had to Rma the cpu, hoping replacement comes back before next weekend but who knows with rma process and shipping times especially these days.

All this plus some medical stuff that happened this week has made this week great…hell everything added together for a while now, but moving on

Anyway sorry for my delay notifying all of you was trying to see if a possible way to still show up but in the end no.

I have something going on at work again this week. I can be on, but may have to leave at a moments notice. Since Thantoss is not going to make it, maybe we should hold off till next week. I will keep checking the forums to see what everyone thinks.

I thought this was a pretty good link posted, in case it helps at some point

lets try next week July 31st :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Well after newegg returns still haven’t shown as received it yet even though they got it mon I changed it from replacement to refund and ordered the cpu should have it next week

@PiperHecht I would have done that if I didn’t already have gotten everything by then just cpu needed rma
@grapper any possibilty of being able to export my character sheet so I can still play? Since I can use discord on my phone and not make everyone e wait another week

I’m at the cottage, but I’m ready and willing

@Thantoss I can export the character, but it will be in an xml file, which isn’t very readable :frowning:
you can log in and sort of direct your character

@Thantoss I found a solution! Here it is in PDF

https://drive.google.com/file/d/125JTEV4Sh5ihnHKNnf-ABBS3C-mJI0Rp/view?usp=sharing

How does one do this or convert the XL file of your character into this, or similar, form?

My mom passed yesterday morning. There is a good chance that I will not be on this Friday.

My condolences
/hugs

I’m sorry to hear that Fenwald. Please take care.

@PiperHecht The XML converter was from this site: https://www.alonlinetools.net

I won’t be able to make it tonight. Sorry for short notice guys.

I feel bad and hope there wasn’t too many waiting last night. I was still at the cottage and had thought I had said I wouldn’t be posting for the next campaign until this weekend.

Condolences @fenwald Big hugs!

I’ll be posting info for discussion, if not tonight, then by tomorrow evening.

@Akasa @grapper @fenwald @PiperHecht @Silent @Thantoss

And so we begin Out of the Abyss again.

The question is where? Do you wish to start right fresh from the beginning? Just escaped the slavers clutches. Just escaped Sloopidoop and the result of the summons? Skip the first section of underdark altogether and start the next phase of the journey topside with all the knowledge of the scary goings on?

I’m open to anything.

What will be true is that we’ll be using Fantasy Grounds Unity. I’ve been pleased with the progress and updates it’s been receiving, so we’ll plan on using it.

The other thing to decide is when to start. Fridays at 8pm EST is still going to be the time, but do we start this coming Friday? Discuss!

I have read a lot on the module and have ideas on how to improve my running you through it, so hopefully it will have less hiccups this time.

Available Books for Character Creation

PHB, DMG
Guildmaster’s Guide to Ravnica
Mord’s Tome of Foes
Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide
The Tortle Package
Volo’s Guide to Monsters
Xanathar’s Guide to Everything

Starting levels will be determined when we figure out where we’re starting.

@Vulreyn,
Looks like both @Silent and @fenwald will already be in an Out of the Abyss campaign. So our Wednesday group may have to look for a backup plan.