[Finished] PF2 - Outlaws of Alkenstar (Saturdays, 8-11 EDT)

It I do Kobold Sorcerer/Alchemist he’s definitely going to be a kobold with dragonlusions of grandeur and either a something of a pyromaniac of just unapologetically destructive.

Not sure about my Kobold Inventor/Gunslinger idea yet as far as outlaw nature.

So after playing around with it on my pathbuilder 2.0 on my phone. I am currently leaning towards a Dwarven Fighter/Gunslinger/Inventor . He will either be CG or CN. And leaning towards the name Duninar. While not using the background itself in the build, I’ll have his story hook be Wanted witness… He had fairly loose guidelines for what he wouldn’t do. So he went to the meeting to see about the job. After things went south, He is more than willing to strike out at those who through him under the horse and cart and get some payback for his lack of options now.

Mith

I am sorely tempted to take Rogue/summoner so I can have a Squig like creature to ride for fun. :slight_smile: I am slightly confused by the way the rules are written though. Is the Eidelon a separate entity as in PF1? Or, if it attacks, does that mean I cant attack? It talks about shared pools for skills, saves. Does that extend to to combat actions? If so, forget it, as that would suck.

looks like shared action pool. Also anything you get from summoner or inventor (construct) is going to be medium size at best, so if you want to use it as a mount you will have to be a size small character, I don’t recall what race you were considering.

That being said - what was the reason for being mounted in combat anyway?

Another option is that you convince someone to play a druid and be your personal mount all the time.

I’m a goblin. If it is a shared action pool, that wont help much for a rogue.

Depends on your goal. You aren’t going to get free dps out of it, but you will have a squig to ride around on.

Honestly, unless you are going with an Int based rogue, and have a use for the extra spells I would just plan to buy a mount, or take the animal bond feat eventually. Especially if you are only trying to get a mount out of the deal. Maybe you can use Deception to disguise it to look like a squig :smiley:

hehe

The mount could be useful if it’s movement speed is better than the character’s and often times if the character is small size or smaller then yeah, the mount is gonna have a better movement speed. Other than that I don’t see a reason to use a mount in combat unless one is going Cavalier, Ranger or Beast Master because if whatever class the player is does not have access to feats that improve the animal companion/mount then the mount is a waste and probably gonna die sooner rather than later.

Also trying to control a character and a minion/companion at the same time is just plain irritating at times in Fantasy Grounds.

Good thing we’re going to be using Foundry!

But yeah, it um… sucks in Foundry too.

Which is part of the reason I am leaning away from Inventor or Kobold Kavalier because I am not really wanting to mess with a companion/minion. At this point I am strongly thinking Kobold Sorcerer w/ Alchemist Archetype.

I think I have settled on Goblin Rogue with the free arch of Ranger. That also gives me the option to get a mount if I want. :slight_smile:

ok, had an idea for an inventor I like. Though lets be honest its a fun idea, not necessarily a strong idea.

Dwarven inventor, with a construct. His construct is a mining cart that he rides around in/on.

He has been added to the stack of possibilities.

Cool, I can be the tail gunner on your cart :slight_smile:

^ Is that a euphemism?

Nope, then I would have said, “I’ll ride along and cover your back.”

I was about to add my first “caster” to my list of 10 potential characters. Then I read that the RAW doesn’t count raise dead as a summoning spell for the purpose of the Summoner feats :frowning:

clearly this is anti-necromancy propaganda of the worst kind

after discussion yesterday during the starfinder game i was reading through 'turge (long word i’m to lazy to type it all out) again. None of the classes abilities are really setup to assist the party I mean there are a couple things you can do, and some reactions that could be used when someone attacks the party. But none of the bonuses that you are getting are setup to benefit the party without taking specific feats, and usually actions. So while i was thinking of it as a more martial bard, really its a different flavored fighter. I was considering a support 'turge, but after reading through the abilities and feats I dont think i will. We will see if a 'turge makes it into the stack of characters i have to consider. :smiley:

now that is a heavy handed edit :smiley:

Sorry. I got worried my joke might’ve been offensive :see_no_evil:

was pretty tame actually. For those that dont get e-mail notifications with messages/replies. Ocelot, very gently, compared a 'turge to BS. Im not sure if it was literal or figurative BS, and i guess to be clear it was comparison of using that term vs the class itself. Unless of course you really want to dig deep for extra meaning in random forum posts, kinda like a 'turge is meant to do.

LOL :smiley: