EA Game Changers Anthem Gameplay

Dantics released a video from his experience at an EA Bioware Anthem event in Tokyo. Sure looks a lot better than the “Demo” we just experienced. It’s unfortunate that this weekend will probably be a lot more of the same.

It’ll be interesting to see how the micro-transactions pan out. I do agree that all the recent videos are wild speculation and we won’t really know until the devs/publisher release real info on it all. People seem to be assuming the conversion rate of shards to dollars right now and everyone is jumping on board with the current assumption.

Always take things with a grain of salt.

Personally, I’m still planning to take the route of running a month of Origin Access Premier to decide if I want to fork over the full game purchase price.

~Nightreign
OriginUser: DoomProphet

I don’t care about microtransactions as long as they are cosmetic only. When they affect gameplay, that is a problem. I do think that those crying about $20 for a skin, well ‘who cares’, I mean don’t buy it if you don’t want to spend the money. Since this game is PvE only in its current state, I have less an issue with gear being sold, but I don’t like it. Lootboxes on the otherhand, are always predatory IMO.

Yeah I watched that video and it gives me hope that maybe the game won’t be bad. I’ve watched a few of his videos and he seems up and up about it all, not just someone looking for an axe to grind.

1 Like

Yeah there are a lot of salty content YouTuber’s. In reality BioWare said they were putting cosmetic micro transactions in and were playing with costs back last year, but that everything for sale would be totally “earnable” with in game currency. People are losing their minds over a company that has been brainstorming ways to make a profit. Even if it is $20 dollars it’s still voluntarily spent. People are acting as if they are going to be forced to buy it. Granted, that would be an egregious price to pay to dress my digital doll, but it’s voluntary.

Any way I have thoroughly loved the demo last week and the closed alpha before that. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to say, “This is my game”.

What I find funny is BioWare did say in posts that the demo weekend was from a build 6 weeks prior to it’s release and not a representation of the final product. That it was a stripped down version to show off the game and get people interested in it. Also that this was not a beta (meaning no updates to it).

So I don’t understand the internet trolls crying about things. Other than they just want to complain and hear themselves.

Overall I played the heck out the demo and enjoyed it. Makes it where I want to play the final game…with or without the cosmetic micro crap. I just hope they have a large world to explore and have fun with. Along with plenty of end game content to keep me playing it beyond the once over.

I really don’t understand the hype. Far as I am concerned this is EA’s spin on warframes, or destiny. The genre is a bit over played and the game is late to the party. EA is notorious for its use of p2w via rng loot crates, but that’s not going to stop them from putting it in Antheme to keep the shareholders happy.