[Finished] SF - Three AP Starfinder Campaign (Saturdays, 8-11 EDT)

We might be trying to give ourselves enough time in a session to completely finished two encounters per session… You know something most of us have only done once or twice in the last year or so. /smirk

Mith

Session zero Oct 24th? Start on Halloween, Oct 31st?

I guess I would prefer option B.

Still not sure what I want to play.

I am thinking either a human mind breaker mystic (ala Scanners or the more recent Possessor), or an android technomancer (the closest thing I can think of to a necromancer from Raised by Wolves).

Do all androids have to have the glowing blue circuits?

They also come in pink.

@Ryukan to be clear I am not anti-Operative either, if you took that from my post, I was just indicating it might not be an issue. If you want to be an operative by all means go for it.

I haven’t hit a concept that triggers my fancy yet.

I have no opinion on an operative either. Play what you want Ryu. And I’ll go with option B as well.

Mith

@ocelot

Androids can come in a variety of colors/patterns, here are some examples

1 Like

Ok, I had some free time at work today. So came up with my basic idea based on info from Archives of Nethys.

An Android Mechanic with the tinker Theme named Rod Sparkie. He will go Exocortex instead of drone. Haven’t got much past that as of now. I’ll have to look for a picture for him. I don’t really see any of the three that Ryu posting as fitting him.

Mith

@Mithinar out of all the Starfinder related android imagery I have looked at, this is the only thing that says “Rod Sparkie” to me

or maybe this one, looks more of a rough android

rod2

Alright who wants to see me play one of these guys as a cross between Goofy, Scooby Doo and Jar Jar Binks? :smirk:

Also @Mithinar, are you only going by the core book races for choice or have you seen all the different playable races from the Alien Archives yet?

@Ryukan I’m afraid.

So right now I have a few ideas running (rampant) through my skull.

2 options for soldiers, 1 a powered armor Junky (err jockey ), race TBD and the second being an explosives enthusiast, possibly a space goblin, using the bombard fighting style.

And then the idea of running an Envoy like in the play test is still near the top of my list. Possibly with the Steward Officer Archetype, or Free Trader.

For the most part I think I am watching to see what everyone else comes up with so I can fill any gaps, or don’t end up stepping on someone else’s concept since I don’t have a strong pull one way or another atm.

That’s gonna be a dangerous google search…

@everyone I was implying that I thought you all were anti-Operative, just that the view of Operative and being OP in general makes it seem a bit frowned upon.

As I stated previously, my idea for Operative is a natural born leader that does not overstep the skills focus of others and indeed seeks to have as efficient a group/team as possible by letting people fill the roles they were meant to. I was actually thinking of using the Operative to cover skills that the group is lacking.

But I’m still up in the air about character choice. I’m coming up with a few options and pick something depending on what is missing/needed.

Currently I am looking some options in no particular order

1. Operative
  2. Mystic
  3. Technomancer
  4. Soldier

Good grief, I may have just had a moment of humorously divine inspiration for a silly, easily spooked yet skilled and stealthy operative using that friggin’ Dromada race…the perfect scout.

I pump up his stealth as much as possible. Do whatever I can to boost his initiative. I stealth and scout stuff out. If I’m not discovered I sneak back and inform the group. If I am discovered, bank on getting a high initiative roll and use the Bolt ability to run my ass off back to the group. Then use the ole Alert The herd is stuff is coming after me. Then as the rest of the group moves in I sit back and snipe stuff from long distance because I have some low ass HP and I avoid melee combat like the plague.

I hate that this idea sounds fun to me, it’s just that there is no way for me to avoid playing it super goofy and comic relief.

@Rando what is the acceptable level of comic relief in these AP’s overall?

Here is a visual guide to all the playable races across the books. The art is not super great, but it lets you look at all the races easier than combing through all the books trying to see them all.

I actually Like the first Pic that would fit my image fairly well. As I plan on him to use longarms. With a pistol.

Mith

I knew you would like it. I made the name up out of no where. So do tell what you google search finds…

Mith

Quick question. For the various feat/ability entries, what do the letters in parentheses mean? (For example, Su, Sp, Ex)

Well from the races I just did the core rule book. Android was a good fit for what I wanted to do. Tinker Theme was on the Archive of Nethys website not sure what rule book it comes from.

Mith