[Finished] SF - Horizons of the Vast AP (Sundays, 8-11 EDT)

He can use 2 of his arms to put a forefinger and thumb together on each of them and then hold around each of his eyes. That will make him look COOL!!!

1 Like

LOL! And at least until Ocelotā€™s character gets higher level and some money he/she/they can use the cheapest and easiest to acquire of eye protection against harsh lightsā€¦

I had a quick question, the dates you are giving for things are on Saturdays but the other things are saying Sundays. Could you clarify please?

Clarity: Sunday.

Updated dates.

That was a very android-like response. Iā€™m looking forward to your Drow responses.

I will play.

Also, very android response!

Looks like weā€™re full and closed now folks.

BTW, thereā€™s a link for the playerā€™s guide for the adventure path beneath the trailer up in the OP. Which none of yā€™all have clicked yet.

In regards to the light blindness penalty of drow, apparently thereā€™s such a thing as normal light and light blindess only applies to bright light. Thereā€™s also a dim light. I thought that only two light states existed, dim and bright.

So itā€™s not nearly as bad as I thought, but still sucks.

Bright light includes: sunlight outdoors (ouch), a nearby star shining through a starship viewport (uncommon?), powerful industrial lighting (rare?), or any source bright or brighter than normal sunlight.

If its the one with the backgrounds and Company indoctrination I downloaded it when you first brought it up. Yep that one I already had.

p.s. Watched The Abyss. Donā€™t have access to any of the other items on the list for homework.

Mith

Pokes @Rando ā€¦ um the last two posts were for the other threadā€¦ This be the new oneā€¦ there was no last sessions /whistle

Mith

!

/5char

Of course I havenā€™t clicked it yet, thereā€™s still a week to go until the pre-start so I gots plenty of time.

Also, I refuse to watch Cowboy Bebop, but I have seen all of the other stuff some of it multiple times. Ok, pretty much all of them multiple times.

I saw the Abyss when I was younger and I watched the first half of it again the other day as homework. Iā€™ve also seen the first three seasons of the Expanse and read the first two books. Iā€™ve never seen Firefly but I did see Serenity. I have seen a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop.

I have a few different ideas Iā€™m tinkering with, some of these may be entertaining :laughing: Iā€™m curious to hear what others think before I inflict any of these on you :sweat_smile:

One is a female drow. She would probably be a witchwarper or possibly a solarian with the corporate executive theme. I think she would be good candidate for a party leaderShe would consider herself the captain of the ship and the chairperson of the board regardless of how the rest of the party feels about it. For her background she was raised in an obvious position of privilege on Apostate but instead of signing up for a management recruiting program with one of the Drow arms dealers to be fast tracked for the C-suite she thought she could do better on her own and joined EJ corp. Unfortunately her career has stalled in middle management and sheā€™s quite bitter about it but she doesnā€™t want to return to Apostate because of the "I told you so."s she knows she will hear from her mom.

Another idea I have is actually a drow male. He would be an envoy and also nominally (at least on paper) the captain of the ship. His thing is that obviously there were no good career options on Apostae for a male and decided to skip town instead of being conscripted for cannon fodder. Not only that, but he aims to establish his own trading company eventually and compete for arms shipping contracts. At least that is his dream. So not only is he a draft dodger but heā€™s also aiming to stick it to Apostae by breaking their monopoly. So he would probably take the free trader archtype as well. I donā€™t normally enjoy playing male characters but I think this guy has a lot of comedic RP potential, at least based on the cover of the first module, e.g. ā€œOh no, here comes my ex-wife.ā€

So in terms of how any drow antagonists might view these pcs, the first would just be regarded as a bit of an eccentric and a contrarian while the second would actively be considered a troublemaker.

Another thing I thought might be fun to play would be an elf technomancer. She would be an old hand with EJ, having spent many years, if not decades with the company and would have the starwalker theme. She could potentially be pilot of the ship or maybe just somebody who knows how to get around in space.

The last idea I have is a human empath mystic. She would have the vaster theme and new hire background. Her background story is that sheā€™s originally from a primitive backwater colony in the vast that was largely forgotten about. It was settled some time back, maybe pre-gap by some very odd religious people who eschewed technology - think Mennonites in space with a dash of Cthulhu for good measure. She managed to escape off-world via a smuggling vessel that ships out the planetā€™s cash crop - an opium-like hallucinogenic drug and brings in something else (I donā€™t know what yet). Sheā€™s had to become self-taught in technology and space travel. Sheā€™s learned quickly but there are some startling gaps in her knowledge so sometimes she will ask a question that has an obvious answer to everyone else around her. As an empath mystic, she doesnā€™t worship a particular god but instead draws her power from a mystical philosophy of self-reliance. In the crew she acts as an assistant to the free trader during negotiations to help understand the opponentā€™s bargaining position. So think less ships counselor Deanna Troi and more blue-collar Bene Gesserit.

Anyway thatā€™s all Iā€™ve got for the time being.

I got that far and immediately thought this was the lead in to the backstory for your drow characterā€¦

I like the idea of the male drow character.

I have been brainstorming to come up with something and I havenā€™t had a lot of inspiration, but I think I have at least one workable idea. Iā€™m thinking Skittermander Mechanic (not sure theme yet, might do Sensate or something engineer or cooking related). He would be a lovable scoundrel; charming, roguish, gregarious in the sense of any races, a great cook and out to sample all of the cuisines and delicacies of the universe as possible. Maybe will have a drone he ends up riding later.

Then again I am still trying to work out how to turn Jan Michael Vincent into Starfinder character form. JMV is human so should probably start there, but it already starts to feel a bit boring. JMV would probably be a Soldier, which I am not really looking to play in this AP, or maybe an Operative. I was also thinking Vanguard because of the kicking and punching, but Iā€™m not doing Vanguard again. Rick & Morty didnā€™t give us a whole lot to go on other than JMV seems to be the Soldier class. The part that is giving me trouble is the many many many Jan Micheal Vincents that there seem to be, there are a lot of them. So the only thing I can think of for that is to play a Spanthinae, since the Spathinae is one being made up of a colony of thousands of little Spanthinaes, it would be like thousands of tiny Jan Micheal Vincents composing one medium sized Jan Michael Vincent. :smirk: Oh and something involving piloting because Airwolf

Thereā€™s six people in the partyā€¦ youā€™d be missing two JMVs still.

Well only really oneā€¦ The Drone could be a JMV - Jan Mechanical Vehicle - With Janā€™s picture taped to the front of it.

Mith

LOL, I love it! I might just play a Skittermander named Jan Michael Vincent with a drone called Jan Micheal Vehicle that I ride later.

I get the impression from Rick & Morty that there are more Jan Michael Vincentā€™s than just eight so Spanthinae would really be the only way to go in that regard.

Actually from what I got from that video, is the Military Force Leaders were trying to get authorization to have more than 8 of them at a time and the court wasnā€™t having it.

Yeah I guess it could go either way. The court does refuse to allow more than eightJan Michael Vincentā€™s, but the line was like something about refusing to allow more than eight Jan Michael Vincentā€™s per precinct or something like that. But in the beginning it says something about ā€œIn a world where there are eight Jan Micheal Vincentā€™sā€ and then goes on about how there are not enough Jan Michael Vincentā€™s for all the precincts. I dunnoā€¦but thereā€™s a good chance youā€™re getting a Skittermander called Jan Michael Vincent (it is an alias? who knows) and insists on being called JMV.