[Finished] PF2 - Outlaws of Alkenstar (Saturdays, 8-11 EDT)

Ill probably re-enroll in hero online then, just to keep a backup

fleshed out my dmg/support/healing option that isn’t a cleric, could be interesting. A Toxicologist (poison alchemist) with the Cook background, and free archetype of Medic. Oh and its human, well biologically. Does not heal as well as a chirurgeon, but taking medic archetype should make up for that i think, just means the rest of the party has to be more active in their own healing as well :D. And I do have to say this character would benefit from down time activities which are not always guaranteed, especially in a published module.

One more character to look at fleshing out, then I will ?(probably) have the last of the options to choose from in 2 weeks. oh maybe 2 more, but one is another flavor of heals, honest.

I still can’t decide what to play, I might play something tanky to fill Mith’s role for the time being.

Dooooooo eeet! I need someone to flank with :smiley:

umm its probably not “for the time being” Mith said his fighter build was not the tank.

I was looking at Barbarian, but might just roll a straight up Fighter unless we’re low on healing then I may do a Champion

Depending on which character i go with we will be fine for healing, I haven’t completely determined which character i will play, but im close, and they will all be able to fill the healing role. Unless someone suddenly chimes in and insists they have the most bad assed of healer concepts and then I will switch to one of my other ideas.

Am still considering maybe a druid as the third heal option, but the one I had already conceptualized was a wild shape druid, and technically i cant cast spells while wild shaped, so that makes things a little harder. Though I could just wild shape for the first round or 3 of combat, and then switch to caster form once enough damage has been taken that i need to focus on some heals etc. its a consideration, though not ideal unless everyone really tried not to take much dmg :smiley:

Well then you don’t want any barbarians, rogues, or magi in the party; they get the snot beat out of them on the regular.

pffht, I am going to be untouchable. Every time they move to attack me I’ll use my deception to say “It was that guy! (insert other party member here)” :smiley:

For some reason I suddenly feel less willing to be the one across from you flanking the foe :smirk:

https://pics.me.me/i-am-a-leaf-on-the-wind-watch-how-i-16318797.png

Maaaybe not the best example given what happened to him once the ship stopped moving there at the end :smirk:

Well, goblins do have short lifespans.

The trick is to duck whenever you make such statements. Although to be honest, the reaction I get from my other group whenever I say things like, “There is no way this could be worse” or “this is going to be so easy” is worth the price of admission. :smiley:

:laughing: but also :grimacing:

ooh, I jsut came across something fun. …and dark

If you were to play a Leshy Druid, and pickup the Leshy Familiar Secrets Feat at lvl 4 and use it to equip your familiar with Verdant Burst. Starting at Lvl 4 you would be able to (in case of emergency) kill your familiar for an AOE heal that heals everyone around you for a d8, and you get twice the effect, because you are a plant.

In essence - you pluck your familiar, grind it and smoke it, everyone else gets second hand and you take it to the head.

And as long as we are in this dark place thinking about a Leshy Druid with a Leshy Familiar, what if your familiar was just a growth on your character, like a second head?

1 Like

Do you need to let your familiar dry out for a bit after plucking it? They don’t grind and smoke so well if they’re…damp.

One week till session zero! With 158 messages, I am just confused. What are you all playing agian? I can fill in with what we need.
Mithinar- the will get well soon and join you character class
Ryukan
Schplam
Findywen
Stompey

You forgot me. I’m playing the harried-woe-is-me-I-ran-out-of-time-to-prep-'cause-of-vidya-game GM. I think I’ll be taking the how-the-f**k-do-you-play-this-game for my free archetype.

1 Like