[Finished] PF2 - Outlaws of Alkenstar (Saturdays, 8-11 EDT)

It is storming like mad around here, really crazy fast heavy winds. The power only flickered quickly once so far so good, but if some reason I don’t show up it’s because I lost power. If that happens I’ll try and update with my phone.

There is a chance i will be a little late this saturday.

My son has a Marching Band competition in Irvine (about 2 hours away +/- an hour for traffic), but hypothetically I will be home just in time for game to start.

That’s ok, we’ll both probably still be unconscious by the time you make it on. :smirk:

Man, I hated marching band when I was in middle school. By the time I got in high school I was done with band class already. Wasn’t about to get stuck doing marching band ever again.

But, one time, I heard “good” things about band camp. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Band camp maybe…marching band, no.

my son really enjoys it, and is considering doing something with music in his future. I think it does help though that he is in the pit/front ensemble and doesn’t have to do as much marching.

Confirmed: Since the Sunday night group picked Dragonlance/Krynn, y’all will be doing the Zhentil Keep adventure at the conclusion of Outlaws of Alkenstar; y’all are level 2 of 10/11 so it’s going to be a bit.

We’ll also talk next week about player availability the following week for some of y’all’s Thanksgiving.

Sounds good!

So winter is here and I started another playthrough mod Skyrim with the intent on finishing it this time and I’m off to a good start. I am enjoying Skyrim more than ever since my computer is far better and runs it pretty silky smooth at near 120fps with everything maxed and tons of ENB stuff applied. Looks gorgeous.

Now for the Pathfidner related part, I never thought I would be living my best Magus life in Skyrim, but it is possible. The Ordinator perk overhaul mod has some perks in it that are practically Pathfinder influenced (I am betting the mod author did take inspiration from Pathfinder for this). I am playing as a heavy armor wearing spellsword/battlemage/MAGUS. I dual wield one handed swords and magic and the Ordinator mod has some nice perks that give you various buffs and such for such a setup including perks that increase your weapon and magic damage when casting spells while wielding a one hand weapon. But the thing that ties it all together is a perk called Spellscribe, which is exactly the MAGUS Spellstrike just with different wording in the name. This perk lets you store a spell you are dual casting which will then proc off power attacks with weapons. It even has a cooldown like the MAGUS Spellstrike so you can’t spam it. The spell stays loaded for use with power attacks until you change which spell it is so you don’t even have to keep reloading the same spell after every strike. It’s glorious.

glad you are having fun. :smiley:

The ordinator restoration tree is pretty awesome too for a paladin build.

It takes some grinding to get to 50 resto but then you can blast (aggressive) people with healing spells. Eventually just walking into a room will blast every undead with your aura.

I use Restoration quite a bit to heal me and my companions so I am skilling it up fairly decently. I am finding Alteration to be the real grind to work up to all the Magus-ish stuff in there past 40. Hell the grind to 40 Alteration is going slow. I did get a Transmute ore spell tome to learn that is really nice changes iron ore to silver and silver ore to gold ore. I stand around spamming Transmute Ore and Oakflesh right now to grind Alteration quicker. I’m gonna check out the Paladiny things you mentioned, I might be able to become Paladin/Magus cross…Paladus or Magadin if you prefer.

Along with Ordinator I think used Apocalypse Spell Package. There’s a spell - Occito’s Recital? - that works like a Contingency spell from D&D. I have it autocast a flesh spell, muffle, and Cloak of Souls (aura spell that does the soul capture thingie for soul gems). It levels that stuff pretty quickly.

The stealth/rune feat in the destruction tree is also amazingly awesome - for non-paladin sneaky types of course.

My “normal” Elder Scrolls character is the typical hunchback archer spellblade; i.e. your typical fighter/thief/assassin/wizard murder hobo. But one of my favourite playthroughs (of Skyrim) was the “paladin”:

• if you can solve an encounter through dialog without combat you have to
  • no looting/selling/buying/crafting black soul gems, poisons, drugs, etc
  • must wear heavy armor
  • no sneaking
  • obviously no random murder, theft, assault, etc
  • must join the Dawnguard and not the Volkihar
  • must immediately seek out cures for Vampirism and Lycanthropy if afflicted
  • one-handed (mace preferred) and shield or offhand spells (restoration preferred) only; no bows/crossbows
  • no doing any of the Daedric Lord quests unless you’ve downloaded the mod(s) to make them doable by “good guys”; Meridia, Azura, and even Nocturnal are all kosher in the vanilla game
  • must destroy the Dark Brotherhood
  • no joining the Thieves’ Guild unless you’ve downloaded the TG for “good guys” mod
  • etc
1 Like

I got Apocalypse and Odim magic overhauls both very good and both are compatible.

Well I have already stole stuff with this character and I’m not starting over so no true Paladin for me. That is a cool way to look at playing though.

What is you favorite combat mod? I’m using Combat Evolved but it makes magic super super deadly (almost too deadly) and makes some boss type enemies waaaaaay harder. I’m looking at all the other combat mods out there and I just can’t decide on a replacement.

I think I was using Wildcat? Smilodon? Both?

Same mod author who did Ordinator.

1 Like

So confirmed, we are off next week for Thanksgivingness and/or WoW Expansions. Have a good one folks and see y’all back on Dec 3rd.

And possibly prep 3rd level.

Oh you sweet summer DM, I have the next 8 or 9 levels prepped.

up to lvl 11, with highlighted spells, and magic items to seek out. At least for this character :slight_smile: