[Closed] PF2 - Gatewalkers (Thursday, 7:30-10:30 EDT), trading off with Grapper, et al

Did everyone see randos post in discord chat? If not jump over and look.

1 Like

Sorry folks, I just got in 30 minutes ago. Cold hamburger for dinner. Mmm.

1 Like

I was pretty tired anyway

1 Like

It’s possible that we’ll get level 3 next week, but doubtful. Probably the week after.

2 Likes

I’m ready for level 3. I will just go ahead and level my guy up when we start Thursday so I don’t forget.

1 Like

I thought we all decided to skip 3 and go right to level 4???

2 Likes

4 Likes

Let’s gooooooo! Game day!!!1!1!!

1 Like

So much fun doing a 2 1/2 update to play a game you downloaded a day ago….

1 Like

Go figure but I’ll probably be late.

1 Like

[Edit] For clarity.

Ding level 3 next week! We’ll be starting the 3rd and final chapter of Gatewalkers 1: The Seventh Arch. Y’all will ding level 4 at the end of this adventure. Then it’ll be @grapper 's turn; back to Strength of Thousands.

2 Likes

So…

I probably should have asked these questions earlier, but… :man_shrugging:

So I’m going to be going through the adventures/AP and rejiggering most of the encounters to get rid of Paizo’s obsession with single or duo encounters that tend to be waaay more dangerous than than a bunch of mooks. The problem is the default Paizo sized AP maps are so damn small that fights with groups of bad guys just can’t fit. So things are going to get claustrophobic. The “obvious” solution is to rescale the grid sizes of maps making range meaningful again, but all the furniture and such will look silly big.

Along with that, I’d like everyone’s opinions on the following variant rules for PF2.

1. Proficiency Without Level
  2. Automatic Bonus Progression (suggested as accompaniment to Prof w/out Level)
  3. Stamina

(1) is the “flat-math” option that’ll make higher level encounters easier, lower level encounters challenging for longer and tend to squish out crits from both ends of the outcome table
(2) applies the expected item bonuses by level automagically to the party but tends to make the all ready boring PF2 itemization even more boring if you get all these bonuses for free
(3) is the most radical change and could upset current character/party balance/design but makes in combat healing less relevant and possibly shortens (or even gets rid of) the post combat heal dance

1 Like

Proficiency without level doesn’t make any sense to me. Take out the character levels from everything they do and then reduce the DCs by their level essentially makes it the same roll. Seems like a LOT of work for little to no benefit.

You hit #2 on the head for me. they already took the fun of equipment out of PF2. It’s basically my third complaint behind the crafting system… did you guys know I don’t care for the crafting system? I may have forgotten to mention it… and the inability for them to properly balance encounters.

I haven’t read the Stamina system. It’s late and I’m tired and already rambling. maybe I can read it Friday… full day tomorrow so I know I wont’ be able to do it tomorrow before our game.

1 Like

I need at least 4 days to make any decision on crafting

1 Like
  1. Agreed with Daemoro
  2. Looks complicated and reminds me of THACO.
  3. meh…
1 Like

Its that time of year again when schools are coming to the end of the year and I have school functions it seems every Thursday. I will be late and I dont know how late this week.

mmm… functions

2 Likes

I installed the 4E Character Builder/Loader last night…

So the PF2 ruleset and/or Foundry (by default) take into account encumbrance from carried coinage.

~sinister hand-rubbing~ :supervillain: :rofl: